Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lowrey closing?

Böhm disappeared from the Musictraders website a while back: www.musictraders.co.uk/bohm-107-c.asp

Wow! That was short-lived.

As for Allens taking Bohm, is that something that Wersi would be happy about?
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    Wow! That was short-lived.

As for Allens taking Bohm, is that something that Wersi would be happy about?
    As far as I am aware, there is no animosity between Keyswerk (Bohm) and Music Store (Wersi) so I cannot see why not. (Allen’s is a dealer selling multiple brands and not part of the Music Store Empire, which is dv247 in the UK)

Bill

Good to hear that there's no animosity - I wasn't expecting any. I was thinking that given the obvious similarities and no doubt friendly rivalry between them, would Wersi be happy that a relatively new dealer would take on that rival. Mind you, you could argue that 'dealer' is rapidly approaching the point of singularity in the UK. Shared dealership better than no dealership? Shipping and dealing with customers in another country is tricky enough if you have to do it direct with no physical presence there.

We can both remember the days when brand A could say to a dealer "You can't be a 'superstar dealer' for our products if you take on brand B as well." And it worked - for a while until one or two of them said 'Stuff that!" and stocked brands B and C anyway, and held 'superstar dealer' status with all three! And as the dealerships closed down or went under, the manufacturers weren't able to pick and choose as they were in the heyday. But there again, the dealers didn't have so many makes to choose from....

Let's wait and see. 1) how many UK dealers by the end of next year 2) what makes will they handle?
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Hi all,

I, too, am saddened to see the demise of Lowrey. I have never owned a Lowrey. However, my organ teacher owned several. When I started lessons in 1982, she had one in her home (along with a Thomas Celebrity). She also had one that she kept in her van for when she played out at private parties, Elks club, etc. She always talked about how reliable they were then. She then traded both for a new one in about 83. Then she traded that one for a push button one with the cartridge reader for rhythms and songs. I don't think she every got very comfortable with that one since she was getting older by then and many of the features needed several (non-intuitive) button pushes to access. I enjoyed playing all of her Lowreys.

I have only played one newer lower--a Majesty at one of our local funeral homes. I found it to be easy to play and register without having to resort to the manual. However, I know that I could have gotten much more out of the organ if I had a few day or so to learn some of its "secrets." I don't particularly like the over-sized cabinet. I prefer the look of my Roland. However, I did really like the tabs for the main organ voices readily available and easily changed on the fly. All in all, I would not mind owning a recent Lowrey.

Thanks for the opportunity to reminisce about my younger days of organ lessons.

Later,
    Allen
    Currently own: Roland Atelier AT-90, Yamaha 115D, Roland DP-90SE, Yamaha PSR-S910

YouTube Channel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234