Thread: ADC 7000 on Craigslist in Houston

ADC 7000 on Craigslist in Houston

https://houston.craigslist.org/msg/d...666442155.html

It looks like it doesn't include speakers, and the ad quotes the FF boilerplate that his ads always use.

It sounds like he's selling because of buyers remorse.
    I'm so poor, my cats get free health care!

Hey, that's James P.'s organ - it's advertised here on the forum and anyone interested can PM here. I think it comes with nine speakers.
    -- I'm Lamar - 1967 Allen TC-4 Project (forum thread)
    -- Rodgers W5000C and Hauptwerk - spare W5000 for parts - Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3 and E-112
    -- Roland RD300nx stage piano - 1899 Kimball reed organ (forum thread)
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Quote Originally Posted by Silken Path View Post
    Hey, that's James P.'s organ - it's advertised here on the forum and anyone interested can PM here. I think it comes with nine speakers.
    It is, they can, it does.

The "boilerplate" FF wording comes from the dealer the organ was purchased from--not in Florida. Fortunately, he's trying to keep it intact, but there is a limited time, so if anyone's interested, they should PM him soon.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Poor guy. I must have the best wife ever as she's kind of ok with a MOS2 1405 (even bigger) in the dining room

Yes—correct!! I’m James P that’s selling the ADC-7000. And it’s the total pkg: console/pedalboard/bench, 9 speakers, amp rack w/9 amps (channels). Haven’t tried to hookup because it’s too big/too much for my house/room.
    Buyers remorse because I thought I could pair it down from 9 to max 4 speakers. I could but the quality of sound would suffer greatly according to many here on the forum. And my wife & I both agree it’s all too much!
    Again I’m sure it’s a great organ as attested by many who have heard & played it. It’s simply too much organ for my “average” size home/family room, in which my wife still has home daycare (toys seen in some pics w/organ). Since not practical for me—I’m confident it will be for someone or some church.

James

- - - Updated - - -

Michael, correct on all.
    Thanks!!

James

Lucky guy!! But after 43 years, 3 happily married children, & 5 grandchildren (light of my life!), I’m not about to “rock the boat” over the purchase of ANY organ for our house! I have regular access/open invitation to play on several of the largest organs here in Bryan/College Station, e.g. Rodgers Masterpiece Trillium T1038 4-manual organ (given key to church), Peragallo 3-manual 49 rank new pipe organ (most expensive organ in B/CS), & other churches’ 3-manual pipe organs.
    I was fine before the ADC-7000 came into the picture (no home organ except Allen 301B past 6 months, sold to/installed in local church just last week), & I’ll be fine when the 7000 is gone.
    And Michael is correct as shared w/him, the ADC-7000 will be going one way or the other—as a complete pkg organ, or piece-by-piece (cannibaliziing it’s parts/components)!

James

Jim Smith,
    Not sure how you could wonder IF the "speakers" were included. The Craigslist & all of my postings on Organ Forum (Classifieds), Ebay, & Facebook/Marketplace all state the same info: Excerpt even on your weblink on Houston Craigslist--
    "Included are organ draw stop console, pedal board, 9 external speakers/amps (channels), and bench. Also, included is Allen factory schematics of speaker/amps wiring/hookups (from Allen corporate office (Macungie, PA). Excellent organ for large home practice instrument or church."
    Let me know if interested in the organ-- or know of anyone that might (forward web link/info to them).
    Thanks!!

James P

James, I am frequently guilty of reading too fast, thus failing to catch important information. Because of this, I usually read things multiple times. Yet somehow I missed what was clearly stated. I'm sorry about that. Perhaps age is figuring into it too lol.
    I'm so poor, my cats get free health care!

Jim, no problem! Just glad we clarified it all for you—& perhaps others as well.
    Have a great day!

James

Quote Originally Posted by James P View Post
    Not sure how you could wonder IF the "speakers" were included.
    James,

You'd be surprised how many times organs are offered without speakers, sometimes without pedals, or even without a bench. We've had members of the Forum make a deal, only to find out the seller wants to sell the bench and pedals for extra.

Hang around long enough, and you'll run into about everything!

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos