Thread: Rodgers MR-200 upgrade options

Rodgers MR-200 upgrade options

Hello, Organ forum members,

I'm a newbie here. The church I work for has Rodgers Trillium T927 organ equipped with Rodgers MR-200 sequencer. What happens if I disconnect the MR-200 and replace it with MIDI interface, connected to a laptop? Can it be used as upgraded (storage-wise) sequencer? I tried to find some relevant information, but had no success so far.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by unacanna View Post
    Hello, Organ forum members,

I'm a newbie here. The church I work for has Rodgers Trillium T927 organ equipped with Rodgers MR-200 sequencer. What happens if I disconnect the MR-200 and replace it with MIDI interface, connected to a laptop? Can it be used as upgraded (storage-wise) sequencer? I tried to find some relevant information, but had no success so far.

Thanks!
    I would think it possible. I wonder, however ... is it possible the MR-200 has some way of expanding its storage capacity via flash drive or some other kind of media? Check the owners manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
    I would think it possible. I wonder, however ... is it possible the MR-200 has some way of expanding its storage capacity via flash drive or some other kind of media? Check the owners manual.
    Thanks, Leisesturm. It doesn't, unless its existing FD drive is pulled out and replaced with emulator like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/222732993237?ul_noapp=true.
    The existing FDD sits snugly in the MR-200. I'm wondering if there is a safe way in removing it from the front side.
    On the other hand, we already have a laptop and a MOTU Fastlane USB interface which has two MIDI connectors pairs - A (in-out) and B (in-out). The MR-200 is connected to the organ via "MIDI out A" and "MIDI in" , but it also engages third connector "MIDI out B" that goes to sound module. Would that make sense if I connect the organ to one Fastlane connectors pair (i.e. A in and A out) and the sound module to the "B in" Fastlane connector?

Quote Originally Posted by unacanna View Post
    Thanks, Leisesturm. It doesn't, unless its existing FD drive is pulled out and replaced with emulator like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/222732993237?ul_noapp=true.
    The existing FDD sits snugly in the MR-200. I'm wondering if there is a safe way in removing it from the front side.
    On the other hand, we already have a laptop and a MOTU Fastlane USB interface which has two MIDI connectors pairs - A (in-out) and B (in-out). The MR-200 is connected to the organ via "MIDI out A" and "MIDI in" , but it also engages third connector "MIDI out B" that goes to sound module. Would that make sense if I connect the organ to one Fastlane connectors pair (i.e. A in and A out) and the sound module to the "B in" Fastlane connector?
    I wouldn't think connecting the sound module to the MIDI B IN will work if it is presently connected to the B OUT. Did you just mis-type there? Is the Fastlane USB interface something that is in use already? Why not post us a picture of how things are set up right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
    I wouldn't think connecting the sound module to the MIDI B IN will work if it is presently connected to the B OUT. Did you just mis-type there? Is the Fastlane USB interface something that is in use already? Why not post us a picture of how things are set up right now?
    No I didn't mistype. Here's the rear panel of the MR-200: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/86...page=14#manual Now, I used existing cables that were coming from inside the organ to MR-200. I unplugged MIDI cables from MR-200 and connected them to Fastlane MIDI interface like this: Attachment 30256

It worked just fine. Organ MIDI signal is recorded and played back flawlessly.

I will post better pictures as soon as the whole configuration is permanently set.