Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what are some things that make you cringe about movies that portray your career feild

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Madison View Post
    Just by reading everything on this thread you think that Hollywood would actually consult people about career their trying to portray. computer programing scenes need an up grade hello, the mouse was invented is it enough to ask the actor to at least wiggle the mouse while they are "Working" on the computer, i get it that you can get around the computer just by keystrokes but um this is not the 70s computers have mice to point and click with.
    Hollywood's stereotypical computer geeks, and some that I know , would not be caught dead using a mouse. Too slow. When you're hacking into bank or nuclear missile command, you're going to be doing it from a command line interface, not Microsoft Excel.

But the fact of the matter is, if you're into the fantasy world depicted in movies, there are far greater issues of credulity than portrayal of computer use in an accurate manner.

My current complaint is with those car scenes where the driver is carrying on a long conversation while looking at the passenger the entire time rather than road.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hollywood's stereotypical computer geeks, and some that I know , would not be caught dead using a mouse. Too slow. When you're hacking into bank or nuclear missile command, you're going to be doing it from a command line interface, not Microsoft Excel.

But the fact of the matter is, if you're into the fantasy world depicted in movies, there are far greater issues of credulity than portrayal of computer use in an accurate manner.

My current complaint is with those car scenes where the driver is carrying on a long conversation while looking at the passenger the entire time rather than road.
    I notice they move the steering wheel with such vigor when they are clearly moving in a straight line, it comes across like they are swerving from side to side if you are a good driver you would only need to make fine adjustments on the wheel.

But i have noticed when an actor clearly fakes playing the keyboard you can see it via their arm movements.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123