Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the name of this?

Quote Originally Posted by regeron View Post
    The sequences make me think this, as well as the final cadence..
    I noticed those as well, leading me to believe my initial assessment of Renaissance wasn't correct. Definitely Baroque or later.

In viewing the performer's other posts on *ouTube, he seems partial to the works of Soler and CPE Bach, so I wondered if it was one of them, but no dice. My curiosity is definitely piqued!

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

1 members found this post helpful.
    The composer's name is Bernardo Pasquini and the piece is from one of the sonatas for double basso continuo.

The sheet music is not on imslp, I already checked. But there's at least one version available by a German publisher: http://www.bodensee-musikversand.de/...ucts_id=236871

I would like to thank my dear friend Hans who knows one of the people who played the piece and helped me to obtain this information to share with you.

Quote Originally Posted by andijah View Post
    The composer's name is Bernardo Pasquini and the piece is from one of the sonatas for double basso continuo.

The sheet music is not on imslp, I already checked. But there's at least one version available by a German publisher: http://www.bodensee-musikversand.de/...ucts_id=236871

I would like to thank my dear friend Hans who knows one of the people who played the piece and helped me to obtain this information to share with you.
    Excellent detective work, Andrea. Thank you so much for finding it!

So I WAS close--late Renaissance/Early Baroque. I checked out a couple of his other compositions on IMSLP, and found 1 or 2 that used ground bass, as well as sequences with ornamentation. I might just have to use some of his works sometime.

Thanks again for sharing.

Michael
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Hi everyone!, thank you very much for all the answers and searches that this question has raised. At last the answer has been given !. Many thanks to Andrea and her friend Hans for having found the answer. Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmesser View Post
    Hi everyone!, thank you very much for all the answers and searches that this question has raised. At last the answer has been given !. Many thanks to Andrea and her friend Hans for having found the answer. Best regards!
    Wait, don't go!!!

Never underestimate the power of crowd sourcing with this group! They're a great bunch. I hope you continue participating in the Forum.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12