Thread: Source for Drawknobs

Source for Drawknobs

I recently got an idea for an organ concert, but am having trouble sourcing the drawknobs needed to carry it out.

Does anyone know of a likely source for drawknobs (like Kimber Allen drawknobs--not pump organ), either blank or already engraved? I contacted one person/vendor, and received a rather cool response. I checked with OSI, but oddly enough, they didn't have drawknob faces listed anywhere. They had plenty of tabs, but no drawknobs.

Thanks in advance for any sources/help you can provide.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

fff Fortississimo davidecasteel's Avatar

Did you try Klann?

David

HESCO supply them, and can also engrave them

http://www.hescoincorporated.com/organparts.shtml
    Last edited by Momboc; 02-05-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    My modular, MIDI controlled, software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Arndt does engraving, too.

http://www.arndtorgansupply.com/
    -- I'm Lamar - 1999 Rodgers W5000C - Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3 and E-112
    -- 1899 Kimball pump organ (forum thread) -- Allen TC 4 Project (forum thread)
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Thank you, all for the suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidecasteel View Post
    Did you try Klann?
    I perused their catalog online, but didn't find price sheets. Maybe I didn't look hard enough? I'll look when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Momboc View Post
    HESCO supply them, and can also engrave them

http://www.hescoincorporated.com/organparts.shtml
    I looked at their site, but couldn't find an online catalog (or the link didn't work). They also look like they concentrate on theatre as opposed to classical--therefore, no drawknobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silken Path View Post
    Arndt does engraving, too.

http://www.arndtorgansupply.com/
    Ditto my comment above about theatre. I need to find the drawknobs before I can get them engraved--even if it is a company dealing primarily with theatre organs.

I'll keep looking at the sites y'all recommended when I get home and have more time. Thanks so much for your suggestions.

Michael
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

mp Mezzo-Piano VaPipeorgantuner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myorgan View Post
    I recently got an idea for an organ concert, but am having trouble sourcing the drawknobs needed to carry it out.

Does anyone know of a likely source for drawknobs (like Kimber Allen drawknobs--not pump organ), either blank or already engraved? I contacted one person/vendor, and received a rather cool response. I checked with OSI, but oddly enough, they didn't have drawknob faces listed anywhere. They had plenty of tabs, but no drawknobs.

Thanks in advance for any sources/help you can provide.

Michael
    Klann does have drawknob units, they are listed on PG 8 of the blue-covered catalog. Also, you can check with Syndyne. They also make drawknob units and you can get the stems and heads from them. HESCO makes the heads, stems for drawknobs that will fit either make of knob units and they can engrave them also.

Rick in VA

Quote Originally Posted by VaPipeorgantuner View Post
    Klann does have drawknob units, they are listed on PG 8 of the blue-covered catalog. Also, you can check with Syndyne. They also make drawknob units and you can get the stems and heads from them. HESCO makes the heads, stems for drawknobs that will fit either make of knob units and they can engrave them also.
    Rick,

Thank you for the ideas. I don't actually need the units--just the stems and heads. That may be why I missed them. Meanwhile I'll search more tonight when I get home (at work now). I know some companies make drawknob heads that come off and can be screwed on, but then sometimes they're crooked.

Actually, I only need the shank, head, and stop name engraved. Y'all have given me a great start so far!

Michael

mp Mezzo-Piano VaPipeorgantuner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myorgan View Post
    Rick,

Thank you for the ideas. I don't actually need the units--just the stems and heads. That may be why I missed them. Meanwhile I'll search more tonight when I get home (at work now). I know some companies make drawknob heads that come off and can be screwed on, but then sometimes they're crooked.

Actually, I only need the shank, head, and stop name engraved. Y'all have given me a great start so far!

Michael
    Both Syndyne and Hesco make the stems and round heads, and both can engrave them for you. Neither Hesco nor Syndyne publish the price list on their website (to protect their customers who add shipping costs and mark-up to the raw product). Klann can also supply just the stems and knobs. They also do not publish the prices on the website, but call and ask for Sandy, and she can give you prices.

mp Mezzo-Piano Pipeorganbuilder's Avatar

Michael,

What drawknobs are you needing? I have two Allen 1105s that are loaded with them that might have what you need. If you are interested, let me know.

Michael