Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Rodgers Inspire Series

I'm glad you speak up -- speshly if, as it likely seems, Allen is still the better build.

This new series is, presumably, the first genuinely joint effort from Rodgers and GOG, also presumably without any Roland technology or input into the design. So it will be interesting to see what kind of build quality, playing comfort, and sound they will have arrived at. This might be an indication of where Rodgers products will be headed in the future, as they inevitably leave behind all Roland technology and Roland designs and even the RSS chip or whatever that was they talked about so much the past few years that revolutionized their tone generation.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Curious about the number of disparaging posts from those who have not actually seen, heard, or played either of the new models.

i will reserve judgement until I get my hands on one.

Looks like the LA dealer jumped the gun. He had both Inspire models listed on their website along with a full brochure. All have disappeared. I do note that their Rodgers line lists only the Artist and Infinity lines.

The four manual console I purchased came from the Rodgers factory liquidation auction where they sold off the serious woodworking tools and tons of inventory. This was an Artist series console at the time and has since been discontinued, but it appears to be representative of the current build quality based on the almost identical photos of the current offerings. Let me be clear that the console is a lot nicer than older Johannus Opus XX consoles. It's definitely sturdy, the keyboards are great with a better feel than the old slick plastic, and time will tell whether they hold up the same as the older traditional consoles. The sound of these offerings is doubtless fantastic as there's no excuse for less with today's technology. I hope my observations about some flexing of the coupler rail is taken as one annoyance that I noticed -- perhaps they have reinforced the rail as all it would take is a length of aluminum channel. So take a look. Clearly I'm satisfied to use it as my personal console for Hauptwerk. Chances are I would be playing Rodgers samples had the electronic guts not been removed prior to the auction. I was told the console came from engineering which would explain the lack of electronics.

There is a printed booklet. Dealers have them. It seems R wants you to speak with a dealer in order to receive one.

Rodgers has updated its website, adding the Inspire series to the other three. There are now also available several YouTube videos of both models

They sound good.

But why are the Swell stops divided by the console controller display? Was this designed by someone who has never played an organ?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    They sound good.

But why are the Swell stops divided by the console controller display? Was this designed by someone who has never played an organ?
    The old pipe organ console at one of my churches had the swell stops divided by the name plate.
    Allen MOS 1105 (1982)
    Allen ADC 5000 (1985) w/ MDS Expander II (drawer unit)
    Henry Reinich Pipe 2m/29ranks (1908)

1 members found this post helpful.
    The reason the display is centered and the stops are divided is because there are some very vocal dealers who believe the display needs to be in the center of the stop rail. They have the ear of the designers. I agree that this makes for a awkward stop layout, but the proponents believe that because there are so many functions controlled in the screen, the ergonomics were better in the center rather than putting the display somewhere else.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast