The Orgatron line of organs was manufactured by the Everett Piano Company of South Haven, Michigan during the years 1934 - 1940. After 1940, their manufacture was taken over by the Rudolph WurliTzer company of North Tonawanda, New York, which continued to build the organs under their own name in 1946, after the end of World War II. Some organists claimed these amplified reed instruments were sluggish and left a great deal to be desired. Upon the press of a key, a valve opened to admit air into the reed cell whereupon the reed began vibrating to produce the signal to be amplified, similar in manner to foot-pumped reed organs and accordions.

The first Orgatrons were one-manual models called LS-1 and LS-2, with draw-knobs on each end of the manual and a separate tone cabinet. Afterwards followed the model MD, a two-manual, 32-pedal console. It was considered to be the largest organ of its type. Key action in the Orgatrons was of the pneumatic type, operating up to 10 ranks of reeds. Swell and Crescedo pedals were provided. The next model was called STM. It also employed a pneumatic action, but was reduced to about 5 sets of reeds. Two different styles of the STM console were built.

Everett's next development in the Orgatron line was an electric key action, first employed on the Model 600, a two-manual, 32-pedal console with a separate tone cabinet. The Model 600 had a stop list very similar to the STM.

The last of the two-manual Everett Orgatron models was the Model 700, produced in limited quantity. The Model 700 utilized 2-1/2 sets of reeds in its tone generation system.

Everett also produced a single-manual Orgatron called the Model 5. The Model 5 was self-contained with respect to its amplifier and loudspeaker. Stop tablets were of the "domino" type and located at each end of the manual. These stop tablets affected the organ in a split keyboard manner.

References:
"Electronic Organs," by Robert L. Eby, c. 1953
WurliTzer Model 20 Service Manual