Thread: Wurlitzer C-380 3-manual church organ--anyone know about this model?

Wurlitzer C-380 3-manual church organ--anyone know about this model?

I am considering the purchase of an approx. 10-year-old, 3 manual Wurlitzer C380, AGO organ. It is MIDI-capable, plays and sounds nicely, is priced right, and is versatile enough to add several additional external amp/speaker channels. It's even got a couple of 32' pedal stops! Problem is, Wurlitzer is no longer in business. I was referred to Church Organ Systems in Baldwin, WI, who presumably had parts and service for this organ, which I believe was made in Italy and is similar to Baldwins of that vintage because Baldwin owned Wurlitzer at that time. Today I find COS's website unavailable and their toll-free and local phone lines disconnected, so I fear they have gone out of business. (Warning, all you Baldwin/Wurlie owners!)

I am still intent on buying this instrument if I can find out a bit more about it:

1. Does anyone know, is this organ made by Electromusic in Italy, who makes the Ahlborn Galanti organs? If so, I assume parts would be available through an Ahlborn dealer;

2. Does it have many parts that are proprietary and not generally available?

3. Does anyone know of any particular problems with this organ? I have owned seven electronic organs over my lifetime (some dating from the 60's) of almost every major brand, and had precious few problems (none major), but I may have just been lucky.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Gary
    Gary

Wurlitzer/Viscount C-380 3 manual with Conn pipes.

Re: Wurlitzer C-380 3-manual church organ--anyone know about this model?

Hello all,

My Wurlitzer was delivered two days ago, and I couldn't be more pleased. the quality and authenticity of the sound is excellent, especially when routed through my audiophile-quality surround-sound system (the internal speakers are not the greatest, but I guess they never are..I planned all along to hook it up to my sound system.)

Update: I happened onto the Rodgers website and came across a news item. Seems Duane Kuhn, the former owner of Church Organ Systems (Viscount/Baldwin electronic and Bevilacqua pipe organs), is now the director of Sales and Marketing for Rodgers (see http://www.rodgersinstruments.com/news37.html). Aah, the wonderful world of business....

Gary
    Gary

I am looking for an identical organ to this one! Can anyone offer any advice or solutions to finding one. Please contact me directly at : brianpoch@charter.net

do you still have extra 32' pedal stops for this organ C380

sqtbn82,

I am not sure what you mean by "extra 32' pedal stops." The organ does have two 32' pedal stops, but to my knowledge, they were not "extra."

Gary
    Gary