Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Allen ADC Tone Card Question

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    A further differentiation:

MOS cards, at least the original ones, are index card stock, "buff" in color.

Early ADC cards are also on card stock, but using various colors (red for reeds, yellow for strings, white for flutes and foundation, green for percussion); later ADC cards are plastic stock but still are of a variety of colors; most ADC cards are painted black on the back.

MADC cards are all metallic grey in color.

Toodles,
    I appreciate all the great info. If someone is interested in the cards, now I can be certain they have the correct series Allen to use them.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by b4reich View Post
    I appreciate all the great info. If someone is interested in the cards, now I can be certain they have the correct series Allen to use them.
    Toodles and David have given you excellent information. The other color used on the backs of the cards is blue.

To be absolutely sure your cards will work with a particular organ, check Allen's website at: http://www.allenorgan.com/www/store/maintonecard.html. They are:
    • MOS-I and MOS-II SERIES ORGANS (All Models)--White card stock.
    • ADC/MDS SERIES ORGANS: (Models ADC-1100, 2100, 3100 Series and MDS-15, 25, 35 and 38 ONLY)--Grey plastic cards.
    • ADC/MDS SERIES ORGANS: (All Models EXCEPT ADC-1100, 2100, 3100 Series and MDS-15, 25, 35 and 38)--Multi-color cards for Reeds, Percussion, Flutes/Diapasons, Strings, etc.
    I hope that helps a little. All my ADC organs listed below take the multi-color cards.

Hope this helps.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 4 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony)
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Quote Originally Posted by myorgan View Post
    Toodles and David have given you excellent information. The other color used on the backs of the cards is blue.

To be absolutely sure your cards will work with a particular organ, check Allen's website at: http://www.allenorgan.com/www/store/maintonecard.html. They are:
    • MOS-I and MOS-II SERIES ORGANS (All Models)--White card stock.
    • ADC/MDS SERIES ORGANS: (Models ADC-1100, 2100, 3100 Series and MDS-15, 25, 35 and 38 ONLY)--Grey plastic cards.
    • ADC/MDS SERIES ORGANS: (All Models EXCEPT ADC-1100, 2100, 3100 Series and MDS-15, 25, 35 and 38)--Multi-color cards for Reeds, Percussion, Flutes/Diapasons, Strings, etc.
    I hope that helps a little. All my ADC organs listed below take the multi-color cards.

Hope this helps.

Michael
    Michael,
    Thanks to you as well! This too will help anyone else from confusing the cards!

fff Fortississimo davidecasteel's Avatar

According to posts on a related thread, ADC card readers are capable of reading MOS Tone Cards. (Who knew?)

flashguy

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678