Thread: Leslie Speaker 900

Leslie Speaker 900

Hi everyone, I need a little more advice. I now may be going to look at the Leslie 900 speaker for $$475. Is this a good price for this model? I heard that these are not good sounding at all?? Oh yeah, the guy said that it may need a new electorlytic (spelling??) capacitor, and the speaker has some, but not a lot of a mid occasional hiss. Good deal, bad deal?

Re: Leslie Speaker 900

Hi</P>

If you visit Captain Foldback's website and go to the Leslie section he has an excellent page for every type of Leslie. The good, the bad, and the ugly!</P>

Dave</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Thanks for your help! I checked out the site, and see that the solid states were generally alot of trouble. So, do you think this is a good deal or not?

My 760's, 710's, and 715 have all been trouble-free. I have another 760 right now and it's great.</p>

I only used a 900 once, many years ago on a Hammond X66. I remember it being bl***y loud!</p>

Andy
    </p>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

haha, thanks for your replies

Oh!, you can connect the 900 to a hammond M3 right everyone?