Thread: BEST DIGITAL ORGAN!!!!! I NEED INFO!!!

BEST DIGITAL ORGAN!!!!! I NEED INFO!!!

<u>YOU WILL ALL BE SHOCKED AND AMAISED AT THE BEST DIGITAL ORGAN COMPANY.</u></p>

<u>ALLEN? NO</u></p>

<u>Rodgers? NOP</u></p>

<u>SO WHO IS IT?????</u></p>

WELL ITS VAN DER POEL!!! OF COURSE!!!!</p>

I was totally shocked at the discovery of the organ builder. The sound was SOOOOO REALISTIC!!!</p>

His organs MUST BE EXPENSIVE!!! Does any one know anything about this company and give me your opinion on them</p>

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEIR ORGANS COST????????????????????????</p>

Re: BEST DIGITAL ORGAN!!!!! I NEED INFO!!!

Brandon,</p>

I don't know how Van der Poel compares to some other fine products, but Adrian Van der Poel's instruments are considered to be the best sounding electronic organs built in Holland. He uses either the Bradford or Musicom additive synthesis system, and that system is not inexpensive. That and the fact he only builds it seems about 5 or 6 instruments per year, would mean that his instruments are not inexpensive. </p>

In the UK Copeman-Hart is considered best, and Phoenix seems to be getting kudos for fine work.</p>

In the US, Marshall &amp; Ogletree is considered to be the benchmark in digi-organ building. Their pricing structure makes them exclusive (rather than inclusive). Walker Technical also builds excellent organs. The Allen Elite is extremely good (yes I have heard and played it).</p>

Basically, the ultimate or best is not going to be inexpensive. All the above mentioned, when doing their best effort produce very, very fine instruments.</p>

AV</p>

</p>

[quote user="arie v"]

The Allen Elite is extremely good (yes I have heard and played it).</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm[*-)] given the complains</p>

about current "normal" Allens: Elite series must be indeed</p>

very different from Quantum series? (can't be just more</p>

channels and better choice of stops / samples??).
    </p>

Regards.</p>

-A</p>

Well, the best digi builder depends on your budget, if you have more money than you know what to do with, in the US, you could opt for Marshall &amp; Ogletree (cough..cough...Trinity Wall Street...cough...cough...shoulda gotten pipes...cough...cough...excuse me) or you could go for Walker, which does a reasonable brisk trade in electronic stops, mostly electronic pedal additions to organs (like 16's and 32's, it's cheaper to get some of these stops electronically than to actually build them).

On a lower tier, but still of good quality reside Allen and Rodgers, I don't know too much about Rodgers, other than that they are still in business, owned by Roland, built some difficult to use intruments, and they also built Black Beauty, Virgil Fox's touring organ. As for Allen, Allen recently came out with the Allen Elite series, which is their answer to M&amp;O and Walker, Allen I think does more marketing (they have a profile on youtube, and they have the Philadelphia organ quartet) Allen also has the Quantum (reasonable, but not as good as pipes, M&amp;O or Walker) and they have their entry level model the Protege, which I believe uses last generation technology. Allen also manufactures a line of theater organs, which sound nice, but are not as good as the real thing (Wurlitzer, Moeller, Kilgen et al.).

For the money, Phoenix may make the best organs. I have not heard the Trinity-Wall Street organ (by Marshall-Ogletree)in person, but on CD I did nothear that it was that wonderful. And of course it was very expensive. I do hope this summer to hear it in person.</P>

I know nothing about the Van der Poelorgans, but if one appears within driving distance, I will try to hear and play it. I also hope to hear and play one of Allen's Elite instruments before long.</P>
    Mike

Owner of an Allen MDS 317 and working
    on a customized Hauptwerk organ using a
    3 manual Rodgers console. I play a 40 rank
    pipe organ on Sunday.