Thread: Correct key for Loring & Blake Palace organ

Correct key for Loring & Blake Palace organ

Hello,

A few weeks ago I rescued this Loring & Blake Palace organ from being pushed out to the curb. I know that the key is a three sided bit type, just like my Estey, but was wondering if anyone still has the original key to theirs, and what it looks like? Any help appreciated. Here are some photos.lorin and blake 1.jpglorin and blake 2.jpg

James,

Welcome to the Forum! While I'm not familiar with your particular organ, I do know most of my pump organs (& pianos) use the same triangular key. It looks a bit like a small skeleton key, but with a triangular block end. I have 1 or 2, but have also found the key sold with a Yamaha piano in the 1970s also works in those locks.

Hope that helps.

Michael

P.S. Nice looking organ! I don't blame you for rescuing it.
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

mp Mezzo-Piano Pipeorganbuilder's Avatar

Look on Ebay under "upright piano key". One is listed for $2.95 that will fit.

Michael

Hi James and welcome to the Forum.

Beautiful piece you rescued - there ought to be a law against even wanting to dump something as beautiful as that, even with non-standard keys...

The woodwork alone is worth keeping it. I hope you find the right keys and get it back ship-shape.

Enjoy!

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Yeah, you can get those keys on Amazon. I just checked on there a while ago when I got a Lowrey that had no key. And it was locked ! The tip of a triangular file fits and works nicely on those, if you don't want to buy a key.
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 2 ), E-5AR ( X 2, one in parts, one not ), D80 ( in parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( in parts ), EL-25 ( X2, one chopped, one not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of other Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several various small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Thank you for the replies, but what I want to know is what the original key actually looked like? I know it has a triangular bit, as the key from my Estey works just fine, but what did the actual key look like? Did Loring and Blake have their own key head design, or did they just use a generic key ?

Michael,

Yes, I just couldn't let it wind up in a land fill, or be turned into a desk, or wine bar. The reason it was about to be pushed to the curb? The fellows new wife didn't want it in their new house... regardless of the fact that it had been in her husband's family since new.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesClark View Post
    Thank you for the replies, but what I want to know is what the original key actually looked like? I know it has a triangular bit, as the key from my Estey works just fine, but what did the actual key look like? Did Loring and Blake have their own key head design, or did they just use a generic key ?
    They were probably a generic key and looked like this, and it would be either silver or gold/brass/bronze colored:
    Screen shot 2018-06-14 at 12.05.33 PM.png
    Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos