Thread: All Creatures of Our God and King

All Creatures of Our God and King

Some congregational singing from this past Sunday at Boardman United Methodist Church in Youngstown, Ohio. Moller, 28 ranks, 3 manuals. I'm new here and hope it's ok to share this! We recently removed the 50 year old grill cloth to expose the pipes, and it dramatically improved the sound and tuning.

https://youtu.be/E06C1W8bxKc

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the organ forum. I think it is great that you shared this. I absolutely love to hear congregations singing Real Hymns . And really SINGING too. That is due to you using the organ very well. That is the sort of hymn that needs leadership from the console like you provided.

The flute on stanza 2 was pretty neat - I noticed it even before I read your notes on the video.

The organ sounds real nice. I'll bet it is a lot of fun playing there - a nice organ, and a congregation that sings !
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 2 ), E-5AR ( X 2, one in parts, one not ), D80 ( in parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( in parts ), EL-25 ( X2, one chopped, one not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of other Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several various small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Thank you, Larry, for your kind words! It is a very fun organ and congregation. Playing each Sunday is truly a joy and motivation in my life. The organ is not large, but it benefits from a very well-blending swell chorus that can be super coupled without overpowering the core of the sound.

Yes indeed! What a glorious hymn, and such delightful organ sound!
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434