Thread: all is not lost after factory reset on a Roland At900upex

Cool all is not lost after factory reset on a Roland At900upex

Well I know there must be a few who accidentally did a factory reset on their Roland At organ with an upgrade..800,900, 900c.....changes seen were immediate and the language reverted to Japanese...

Your Music Assistant titles reverted to goofiness......lol.....Panic with sweat poured out of every pore of your body...and your inner voice say ..God what did I do....This was my reaction...Pure panic...I called my dealer, no help...He asked why did I do that in the first place.,..no help..it was the greatest blunder since the sinking of the Titanic...I checked with Roland USA no help, no support....One technician would come out and fix problem by guess and by gosh....cost would be exorbitant....

Contacted friend in Toronto,..leo was helpful...his encouraging words said all is not lost...My upgraded version still lives in my Organ in its own little area not to be lost....now it was up to me to get it back to operational..He still does not know why they the Roland Co. and their dealers and technicians scare the bejesus out one..just give info to reassure and help get it back....Yes... do not use factory reset...unless it is definitely needed and have a way to get your Upgrade back...

My first step after not using unit for six months was to confirm I still had Version 2.0...
    I hit reset and play on my right and drumsfx on my left, together making sure I turned on organ doing this step.....my ver was 2.0,....it also showed boards..but I was not getting DOM Or Us or Export...I turned off unit and repeated the above step...Well I Got US.and full organs blanks.......I thought may have to cycle thru...shut it down and restarted process as above.. I kept recycle process..

Wow after next try I got To DOM which is what I was in prior ..i filled in the blank for DOM..closed down. rebooted and I checked to make sure I was in DOM....it was ..shutdown and opened up the organ and hit Music Assistant and titles were back in
    English with proper names.......then I went to check on others and got directions in Japanese.....I went back to one of the utilities which allows for placing organ in various languages...I went to panel reset.. brought utility brings up languages and got factory plus or minus on languages listing various language..i used the neg sign scrolled to English and set it as language of choice....voila....all worked..

I recovered my upgrade and language and titles....

Moral of story...do not use factory reset only if really necessary....You will not lose your costly UPEX upgrade....but you have to get it back and get unit to your liking...Forget your dealer and Roland Company...they are of no help..they act like you are an idiot and say why did you do that....we cannot help you....They frighten you to death and you see the demise of a costly unit...It would be nice if techs had a miracle stik to correct the results of a factory reset..or give a menu to recover the results of one's own stupidity.....This should be placed in your file and referred to in case you do this...I am now going to wait for sea master's comment.

respectfully...god bless
    marsh

roland at900upex, roland kr107

Quote Originally Posted by msgrillo View Post
    I am now going to wait for sea master's comment.
    Marsh, old pal, that which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

love ya seamaster...I can always expect words that make me jolly..god bless..

there will always be an England...this England ...this island of ours...England
    respectfully,
    marsh

Glad it worked out for you. I should have read your post before your PM to me! I had the same instructions ready for you that you got from Leo. Now STAY AWAY FROM THOSE RESETS!
    History: Wurlitzer 4150, Thomas Monticello 371, Thomas Celebrity Royale 7180
    Current: Roland AT-900 Platinum Edition

thanks atelier man.....your a good man McGee...old fibber McGee and molly term..lol
    marsh

gang... one other thing I also found......I discovered in the US version of the UPEX for the roland at series....the crazy title for O Holy Night..that means it is in the atelier.....I do not see it on the file used to fix the crazy titles in both Dom and Export.........does any one have a new file to correct music assistant titles that also includes, O Holy Night...if you do please send me PM and I will send email address so I can receive an attachment....

god bless.
    respectfully,
    marsh