Thread: My Introduction

My Introduction

Hello My Friends,

I've been "playing" since I was 8. I'm totally a hobby player. My dream organ was the Yamaha FX-20 Electone, but my new Lowrey Marquee far exceeds all my expectations.

I have a Youtube channel... "Anadrac Organ Works" and a list of audio files on My Website

My full bio is Here

I can't believe I've never found this forum before.

Thank you for your time,

Joe Cardana

Welcome to the Forum Joe!

Thank you for sharing and the links to your work. We enjoy every bit fellow Forumists share with us. May you also enjoy being a member here and keep the good music coming!

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Joe,

Welcome. I have listened to a couple of your YouTube videos and enjoyed them very much. When I read your bio, I noticed we were both born the same year! I, too, am a primarily self-taught organist. I did have a year of music theory in college and learned to read music in middle-school band. I started playing organ at age 13. I became church organist at about 3 months before I turned 16. I'm still there. I have a few organ videos on my YouTube channel (see the link in my signature).

Until later,
    Allen
    Currently own: Roland Atelier AT-90, Yamaha 115D, Roland DP-90SE, Yamaha PSR-S910

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by afuller5 View Post
    I have a few organ videos on my YouTube channel (see the link in my signature).
    HA! My wife and I are listening to "His Eye's on the Sparrow" right now
    Current Instrument...... Lowrey (EX-5000) Marquee
    Previous Instruments... Lowrey (LX-500) Celebration | Yamaha (FX-20) Electone | Lowrey (C500) Celebration | Lowrey (CO-80) Contempo 80
    Videos & Files.............. "Anadrac Organ Works" on Youtube | More Organ Music at www.anadrac.com
    Location...................... Rio Rancho, New Mexico: USA
    Find me on ................. Facebook | More About Me
    Playing Experience....... 40 yrs, Hobby Player

Joe,

Yes indeed, welcome to the forum ! Very nice music on your site - I have it marked so I can listen to everything when it is not so late in the evening. Great playing and arrangements. We seem to have similar tastes in music also; I don't feel so out of date now, seeing that you have recorded some of my favorites. The Phantom is really nice !
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 2 ), E-5AR ( X 2 ), D80, FX-1, FX-20, EL-25 ( X2, one chopped, one not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B ( both available cheap ), ADC-6000D. Hammond Concorde. A bunch of other Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several various small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrytow View Post
    Great playing and arrangements.
    Thanks. It's the most important.

We seem to have similar tastes in music also; I don't feel so out of date now, seeing that you have recorded some of my favorites.
    Well... Mots of those are what I learned as a kid from my mother. This year I'm updating my list for Volume 2.

The Phantom is really nice !
    Thank you! I've been waiting 20 years to play that. For my next album, I'm going to include "Angel of Music" and "All I Ask of You" and combine them into a medley.
    Previous Instruments... Lowrey (LX-500) Celebration | Yamaha (FX-20) Electone | Lowrey (C500) Celebration | Lowrey (CO-80) Contempo 80
    Videos & Files.............. "Anadrac Organ Works" on Youtube | More Organ Music at www.anadrac.com

Joe,

I've been listening to your audio files this morning, and have to say that it is nice that you have recorded some of the same songs on your various instruments. It gives a good comparison of each ones sounds and features.

You do some of the same sorts of setups on the FX that I use on mine. Particularly the detuned horns coupled together ( Spanish Eyes ) - I use it too. Also, I never considered using the ABC feature with the drums turned down like that. I tend to not use that feature at all I guess, so I have never thought about options like that.

You should check your file of "Sing" on the FX-20, I think it may be corrupted somehow. It plays for me at double speed or so. I know you probably did not play it that way on purpose - right ?!?
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 2 ), E-5AR ( X 2 ), D80, FX-1, FX-20, EL-25 ( X2, one chopped, one not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B ( both available cheap ), ADC-6000D. Hammond Concorde. A bunch of other Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several various small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Joe,

I've been listening to your audio files this morning, and have to say that it is nice that you have recorded some of the same songs on your various instruments. It gives a good comparison of each ones sounds and features.
    And how I've improved (or not) in my playing.

You do some of the same sorts of setups on the FX that I use on mine. Particularly the detuned horns coupled together ( Spanish Eyes ) - I use it too. Also, I never considered using the ABC feature with the drums turned down like that. I tend to not use that feature at all I guess, so I have never thought about options like that.
    "I guess you have something new to think about"... James Kirk, Start Trek II

You should check your file of "Sing" on the FX-20, I think it may be corrupted somehow. It plays for me at double speed or so. I know you probably did not play it that way on purpose - right ?!?
    If it plays in 1m 56s then yes... it is as recorded. That was my "fast pace" in life.

Joe,

Yes indeed, "Sing !" plays at that timing for me. That is the thing with individual interpretations I suppose - each to their own. I am a big fan of the Carpenters and their music, both Richards arrangement's, and of course the best female vocalist ever - Karen. My era of popular music, ya know ? It is on my list (way too long, so it keeps getting put off ) of things to do sometime, to record " Make Believe It's Your First Time " on one of my Yamaha's. Probably the FX-1, but it works well on the EX-42 also.
    Regards, Larry

I miss my FX-20. Had to give it away when I moved from Washington to California, along with my LX-500 Celebration. So what's the biggest differences between the FX-1 and the 20?