Thread: My rusty accordion playing

My rusty accordion playing

If it's inappropriate to post this here, I apologise. I just thought the accordion forum could use a little activity.

Almost missed this thread...
    Your playing isn't too bad, I've seen (and heard) a lot "rustier" players. One suggestion, though - when holding the last note/chord of the piece, don't change the direction of the bellows. Otherwise it will sound a bit "hiccupy".
    Traditionalists might tell you you shouldn't end a piece with the bellows open, but I'm not that dogmatic. It's the music that matters.

Thanks. I do need a lot of practise though, and I can scarcely find time to take the accordion out of its case, let alone play it. I am working on a way to make it more accessible, though.

I don't normally like to end bellows open either. But for the sake of the audio recording, I felt safer doing that than running out of bellows in the other direction. Had I practised more, I could eliminate that chance. But I was in a rush to get done; I for some reason wasted a lot of time on the guitar part. So I think I only practised the accordion part two or three times.

Here is my first step in accordion accessibility.

Next, I should probably investigate different straps. The ones I have are extremely comfortable but very difficult to take on and off. But since they work I can't afford to replace them at this point.

Looks good!
    I keep all my instruments in their cases, I'm used to having it this way and haven't found any problems so far. At the moment, my future "music room" is still in use as the master bedroom, so the instruments have to remain more or less "mobile" and can't yet live on a shelf. Thanks for sharing the video, it's inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by andijah View Post
    Looks good!
    I keep all my instruments in their cases, I'm used to having it this way and haven't found any problems so far. At the moment, my future "music room" is still in use as the master bedroom, so the instruments have to remain more or less "mobile" and can't yet live on a shelf. Thanks for sharing the video, it's inspiring.
    Thank you!

Best wishes on your future music room.