Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recognise this pedalboard?

Recognise this pedalboard?

KIMG0012.jpg

For decades I've intended to use this. I'm not sure if I ever will. I could spend some time with it and determine the schematic. But I figured that if someone knew what it was, I might be able to buy a schematic and save myself some time.

KIMG0013.jpg
    KIMG0014.jpg
    KIMG0015.jpg
    KIMG0016.jpg

1 members found this post helpful.
    In some ways this makes me think of Wurlitzer products -- the neon lamps, the round socket connectors, the brown capacitors.
    But it doesn't look like anything I have in any service manual.

Other features of it look vaguely like Baldwin and Gulbransen, or possibly something more unusual like Estey. It's not one that I've seen though.

How old do you think it is?
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

I couldn't fathom a guess. I'm pretty experienced with radio and TV stuff, but my experience with organs based on that is that things are always newer than they appear to me. Organ design seems like it lagged other consumer electronics. But I could be way off on that, too. I've only worked on a little over a dozen old organs, and usually just enough to quick get them working.

Thank you for looking though.

Kinsman, maybe? They used a pair of Neon lights as a divider. so with 2 lamps per note, this might be it. Wurlitzer used Neon lamps as a latch for sustain in the pedals.

What I find odd is that only the upper octave appears to have the two neons per pedal.

The Wurli I just got rid of did have one per pedal (it was a spinet with only one octave.)

I don't find any pictures of a Kinsman pedalboard that looks like this one, but that's kind of meaningless. So maybe..

Finding myself playing multitracking 16' organ bass with zither or guitar, and finding how nice the spinet pedals on my Lowrey are: I'm starting to think about converting this pedalboard as a MIDI keyboard. Or, probably easier to do and more useful to me, building a standalone 8', 16', and 32' tone generator for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    What I find odd is that only the upper octave appears to have the two neons per pedal.

Which would make sense if the main generators ran down to 8 ft--an extra set of dividers for the pedals would get you the 16 ft. octave.

I'm only on here periodically so I just saw this thread. I'm reasonably sure the pedalboard is off an old Lowrey. Mine was an SSO-25 Lincolnwood. I still have the pedalboard (along with the gutted console) and it looks like the one pictured. It's kind of inaccessible in my basement right now so I can't open the switch box but the two male plugs are in the right place and the same colors.

So I think it's off a vintage Lowrey. I think mine was a mid-sixties model.

Last edited by Ordinary_Man; Today at 02:13 AM. Reason: added picture

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary_Man View Post
    I'm only on here periodically so I just saw this thread. I'm reasonably sure the pedalboard is off an old Lowrey. Mine was an SSO-25 Lincolnwood. I still have the pedalboard (along with the gutted console) and it looks like the one pictured. It's kind of inaccessible in my basement right now so I can't open the switch box but the two male plugs are in the right place and the same colors.

So I think it's off a vintage Lowrey. I think mine was a mid-sixties model.

Okay! Very good to know. If ever you can get a continuation picture, I will be very grateful. Until then I'll see if I can acquire a schematic for that organ.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast