Thread: Help with decoding chords

Help with decoding chords

Hi
    i want to get swinging together with my son - he on guitar and me on Xk-1c; found this blues in bb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZdyL2PQ3Vk for guitar having accompanying organ; I would like to decode the chords for the organ but my ear is not good enough . If any of you could help in getting me on track ? THX

P.S. in case you think some other sheet music would be intersting for a organ newbie I would be really happy - working currently on alligator boogaloo, green onions but easier blues/boogaloos would be fine

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by geab View Post
    Hi
    i want to get swinging together with my son - he on guitar and me on Xk-1c; found this blues in bb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZdyL2PQ3Vk for guitar having accompanying organ; I would like to decode the chords for the organ but my ear is not good enough . If any of you could help in getting me on track ? THX

P.S. in case you think some other sheet music would be intersting for a organ newbie I would be really happy - working currently on alligator boogaloo, green onions but easier blues/boogaloos would be fine
    There are many chord extensions and substitutions heard in the audio of that Youtube clip (vs. what is shown visually on the chord sheet)... if you are starting out, it would be challenging to jump right into all this without getting your feet on the ground first.

I would highly recommend checking out this free website: http://www.thejazzpianosite.com/

Although it is a piano oriented site, there is a wealth of info there that is directly relevant to what you are asking about re: chord comp'ing on the Hammond. You can jump into the explanations found on this website anywhere from beginner to advanced, so it's all there for you!

Enjoy - OneWatt