Quote Originally Posted by skydawg View Post
I just acquired a DV from 1940,I believe,(ser 2608),it has all the goodies,a tight fit but everything is on the shelf,nothing underneath.Same interior dimensions as a B case, so space isn`t a limiting factor.
Hello All,
I've done this before on my B-3, and it's not difficult if you have the woodworking and mechanical chops. All I had to do was mount the new genny where the preamp was, mount the pre upside down in the cabinet, modify the pedal linkage a bit, make a wiring harness for the connections, and mount the chorus generator "drawbar" in the usual spot.
I think I spent about 20 hours total, and a lot of that was envisioning the layout and checking dimensions clearances etc. before starting the build. As soon as I find the generator, we'll get going on the project!

As far as the space, it was tight, but totally doable.

Still no luck finding a generator. Even looking for ones that are non-working.