Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leslie 50c for the Conn organ- Conn Pipes?

ppp Pianississmo Richie Gregory's Avatar

Leslie 50c for the Conn organ- Conn Pipes?

I feel as though I am littering this forum with trash posts but I'm just technology challenged when it comes to sound. Thanks for the help and input I have received so far.

I acquired a Conn 650 with a 255 amp out, as well as Leslie out from the main amp in the organ. I have a set of 146 pipes I desperately want to connect the CORRECT AND INTENDED WAY i.e. externally. Learning that the usual procedure was to have a Leslie attached which the pipes thus are attached to, I have been offered a Leslie 50c, which was built for conn organs. Issue is, it is from 1960 and doesn't seem to have any signs of pipe friendliness not to mention any stationary outputs at all. Would this work or is this Leslie even worth it? Attached are photos.
    Richie
    IMG_1611.jpgIMG_1612.jpg

The 50C is the only Leslie with a field coil speaker and 6550 power tubes. Get it, even if you have no use for it! Then send it my way.

I don't know anything about pipes and not much more about Conn organs - but the 50C has an output plug which is connected directly to the input plug. i.e. it's just a daisy-chain. Nothing special, but it seems a reasonable way to go. The stationary output would be on the same pin as the stationary input........5 if memory serves me correctly.

Wes

And I think we'd better sort out your other issue before you start trying to hook up another leslie!

But do go grab the 50C!
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

easily converted to a great Leslie speaker for Hammonds
    Last edited by jdoc; 10-06-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Trinity
    and Korg KRONOS X73
    Looking for that mythical cheap or free A, BV, CV, C2, C3 or A100 but wouldn't say no to a free B3

Still Waiting for the Connanites to reply- is it possible to hook Pipes up through a 50c Leslie

50C Leslie as in the whole speaker cabinet or just using the amp out of It?
    Allen 5300-DK, Hammond A-105, Conn Custom 905-DK

You can't really just use the amp by itself without modifying it - it won't work without the field coil plugged in.

just run the Conn pipes from the organ amp, and connect the Leslie to the Conn or sell it for about $400
    and Korg KRONOS X73
    Looking for that mythical cheap or free A, BV, CV, C2, C3 or A100 but wouldn't say no to a free B3

Okay but how to run pipes from the organ amp? are you referring to actually running them from the string speaker in the organ, or otherwise? If so please inform me how.

My advice is: before you even attempt it make sure the speakers inside have not deteriorated,they are known for that but they can be replaced with modern speakers if you pay attention to the ohms
    There are lots of threads on here about them if you search and if you google something like "connecting Conn organ pipes" lots of stuff pops up, including the Organ Forum.
    There should be speaker connectors on the organ or internal speakers, maybe one of the Conn Artists on here will speak up, the Leslie is not the place to connect it, but if you had the kit and knowledge it would some great on the organ.
    Conn organs are not in my wheelhouse, I just happen to own a 51 Leslie make for Conn organs.
    and Korg KRONOS X73

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast