Thread: Need stop knob and faces

Need stop knob and faces

I'm hoping someone in this group will be able to help me locate replacements for some missing stops and a stop knob from a Long reed organ (the organ was most likely made by the Miller organ company).

The white stop faces are set into a metal disc and the disk is then glued to the wooden knob. The metal disk is 7/8" diameter and the wooden knob it goes into is beveled and is 1 1/8" diameter. The stop names I need are Bass Coupler, Principal, and Melodia.

If anyone has "spares" that they would be willing to sell, please contact me. Some photos are below. If you would like to see all the photos of the project they are posted on Flickr under RWKDE

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Casey,

What computer fonts do you use to replace stop faces? I would guess you're the one on the Forum with the most experience.

RogerK,

Casey (SubBase) and others are great sources of information. Alternately, you can search the Forum for that information as well using the Search function at the top of the page.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 4 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony)
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Hi, RogerK - Arndt advertises that they do custom laser engraving. I think that they mostly specialize in Wurlitzers, but I suspect they could work from photos. They are pleasant folks to deal with.

http://www.arndtorgansupply.com/
    -- I'm Lamar - Rodgers W5000C - Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3
    -- 1899 Kimball pump organ (forum thread) - can't find the headphone jack!
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Arndt is definitely the place to start. They do engraving for classical as well as theatre organs, and I think they have some experience with reed organs. Start your conversation with them, and if they can't help you they probably know who can.

Nelson Pease (N. B. Pease Co) Palmer, Mass, has a lot of reed organ parts like this.

Is this the same company that is listed on the back page of the Reed Organ Society membership directory? I've called and left a message as well as sent an email but I haven't not received any response. I'll give them another try . Thanks Casey!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerK View Post
    Is this the same company that is listed on the back page of the Reed Organ Society membership directory? I've called and left a message as well as sent an email but I haven't not received any response. I'll give them another try . Thanks Casey!
    If you didn't have any luck getting Mrs.Pease at the music store, call Nelson direct at his antique auto parts business: 413-283-7620