Thread: Ace Tone GT-7

Ace Tone GT-7

Hi yall!

I've toured for many years with an Ace Tone GT-7 through a leslie 147 and love the sound. Unfortunately it broke down, so I bought another one just like it. The new organ broke down during first gig, so now I'm on a digital Korg organ, but the sound is crass and the look is meager...

I'm thinking about rebuilding the two organs into one:
    - Slim the amount of interior by getting rid of all the things I never use anyways (reverb, presets, weird effects, built-in amp and speaker ect.)
    - Use the best parts from each organ
    - Build a brand new "cabinet" for it, seeing as the exterior is less than road-ready and that I am a woodworker, so it could be fun.
    Does anyone have experience with doing this?
    Hints and advice appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

I might rename it: Ace Tone Top Dog, or G&T :-p

Was it totally unfixable - ie unavailable ICs? If so, the organ's getting to the age where you can expect these things to happen. You might do a lot of work combining the two organs, building a cabinet and then having it go wrong on you soon after.

If you do merge them, I'd think carefully before removing too many things just to save a few kilos. Amp is needed to drive the 147 at speaker level, though you could lose the internal speaker.

The GT7 has a good sound but it's nowhere near a B3, the Korg should in theory be much nearer, assuming that you're running it through the 147. Maybe some settings to adjust?
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

'Hi andy,
    The amp that drives the internal speaker has nothing to do with the output to leslie i think?
    Its mainly all the things i dont need that causes problems. And old wiring. I might have to do a whole new rewiring
    I'm not after the B3 sound, i had an A100 for many years but I kinda like the transistor sound
    But then again, a Legend Live will probably end up costing me the same, and will work flawlessly for many years...