Thread: Could You Identify The Stops?

Could You Identify The Stops?

Hello,

A new Pump Organ just appeared on my Craigslist site.

It's a "Lyon & Healy of Chicago" make and it has 15 stops.

The stop names are indistinct because of the small keyboard image, so I was wondering if you knew what the stops would be.

Would there definitley be a Sub Bass plus a Bass Coupler and a Treble Coupler?

Thanks,
    HiDesertHal

Reed Organ Society is the best resource

Here you go, Hal. Go to Reed Organ Society and look in the left-hand column. There are two links there. One is for "ROS Database" and the other one is "Gellerman Database." Click on ROS Database and enter "Healy" in the orange Search by Name of Reed Organ Manufacturer blank and click enter. Scroll down and see if you can find an organ that looks like the one in the Craigslist, and then click on it to do see the details. Hopefully they'll have included the stop list.

In the Gellerman Database, you can do the same: search for "Healy" in the top-most entry blank and click search. It will tell you how many results it found at the top-left and you'll see a link up there that says "Next" to go to the next organ.
    -- I'm Lamar - Rodgers W5000C - Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3
    -- 1899 Kimball pump organ (forum thread) - Still haven't found the headphone jack...
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Dear Silken Path,

That ROS link you gave me was a most welcome source of information about pump organ models from different manufacturers!

I was able to immediately scroll to the ROS picture of the organ model shown in Craigslist under "Lyon & Healy", and get all the stoplist names!

Now I'll be able to get all the specifications of every pump organ I see pictured in the ads!

Thank you so much for that link, Silken Path!

Hal

All part of the friendly service, Hal. (Somebody here had to tell me, too.) I'm still bruised and dusting off from falling off the turnip truck, but I think you need to take ads for reed organs with a grain of salt. Unless they SAY they were recently rebuilt, and can document that, assume that the organ will need a bellows repair and perhaps work to the mechanisms. So far I'm not seeing that it's grossly expensive to do oneself, but it will be time-consuming, as it involves disassembly of the organ.
    -- 1899 Kimball pump organ (forum thread) - Still haven't found the headphone jack...
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Such a task should not be daunting to an 81-year-old retired Aerospace lab test engineer, and seeing the complex mechanical linkages would be educational as well!

(I enjoy raw, salted turnips!)

HAL

Guys:
    I just joined this blog I need of 2 stop faces for my 02 Bridgeport. Thanks much! (another Hal):>)

Welcome to the forum, Hal. Did you see this thread?

http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...knob-and-faces