Thread: Rodgers Concord 760 with issues

Rodgers Concord 760 with issues

A friend of mine purchased a Rodgers 760 from a church that appeared to be in good shape except the swell mixtures does not work at all. When listening with headphones, all mixtures and other
    voices seem to work fine. Organ came with 4 m10 speakers and a sub. In back of organ there are 4 channels to be connected. could this be part of the problem as just not connected correctly? Checked connections and according to manual seems to be connected ok. Thinking possible power amp not working. As usual, suggestions always welcome. BC630

One of the audio channels may be dead, or maybe the sub is connected to the wrong output. If so, and it happens to be the channel that carries the mixtures, they would seem to be dead since the sub is not going to be able to produce those high frequencies.

It's possible, since the organ came with five speakers, that there is actually a fifth audio channel that is not getting hooked up. Might have even been a remote amp that somehow didn't get sold with the organ.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

I'm not quite sure I understand the issue: does the voice work OK with headphones but not with speakers? Or does it not work with either? Follow Jbird's advice to verify the channels are connected properly (i.e., the subwoofer is connected to the Pedal channel) if it works with headphones and not speakers. If it works with neither, continue reading.

The voices that are derived from the swell principal are these: Geigen Principal 8, the normally tuned rank of the Viola Celeste 8, Principal 4, Plein Jeu IV, and Cymbale II. You can't just lose a single voice from this group unless that stop just won't turn on at all, you lose all or none.

That said, the organ has the ability to separately adjust some of the stops for a loud and a soft setting--this is done from the front of the console by entering the programming mode if the access switch is set to the position where programming is enabled (done from the back of the organ).

The soft setting could be set so that you can't hear the stops that are set to that level, and perhaps the mixture you mention is the only stop set to that level. Try setting the voice to the loud setting and see if it becomes audible. If so, and you want the soft setting to be a bit louder, you'll need to adjust that rank's soft setting volume a bit higher. Should be located on the Swell Principal keyer board.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird604 View Post
    One of the audio channels may be dead, or maybe the sub is connected to the wrong output. If so, and it happens to be the channel that carries the mixtures, they would seem to be dead since the sub is not going to be able to produce those high frequencies.

It's possible, since the organ came with five speakers, that there is actually a fifth audio channel that is not getting hooked up. Might have even been a remote amp that somehow didn't get sold with the organ.
    John:

One of the other replies asked about the headphones. It does work with headphones. It came with a huge cable and had to use somewhat guesswork to hook it up. Can't find technical manual and wondering which channel is the sub? I know there are 4 channels of which to hook it up and there is an S200 amp in the console (assuming for antiphonals).

Attached is a page from the manual showing the output panel layout. Standard 4 channel installation uses channels 1, 2, 3, and Pedal.

If you send me a PM (private message) with your email address, I can email a copy of the technical manual to you.

To figure out what the extra amp is used for, follow it's input cable in the console to see where it is connected. Might be for an antiphonal arrangement, or it might have been used for extra main speakers.
    Attached Files Attached Files