Thread: MIDI Keyboard Controllers

MIDI Keyboard Controllers

Been checking out the 60's rock organ sounds, Vox, Rhoads, The Doors, Ray Manzerek, Animals, House of the rising sun, stuff. Can't afford a new or used setup, right now and I know the Vox's are hard to come by. Fender Rhoads can be got fairly cheaply, but I think i could do just as well with some MIDI and a decent controller. I have the old Cinema III organ I play and it does quite well without all the fluff. But the 60's sounds can't be beat without the 60's sound. I do have a Roland RD 100 which has some 60's sounds for piano,, but it has the fully weighted keys, and is more like a piano, but it's like beating your finger tips against a chalk board. Semi weighted or lighter are better for organ sounds. So, anyone have any suggestions for a decent playing MIDI controller I can use with a laptop and software. Software advice would be good to, since I don't mess with this subject to much. Tanks a bunch!

I don't know, I think I would be putting my money and energy into acquiring a decent Hammond B3 emulation and calling it very, very, good. Since the EP's are more economical to acquire (your words) you're good there, right?

It depends how much you are prepared to spend, (Most of them also come with software) a good starter board is made by Roland https://www.roland.com/uk/categories...d_controllers/
    If you want dedicated Vox, Farfisa & Rhodes software have a look at Native Instruments, https://www.native-instruments.com/e...ucts/komplete/ if you are happy with pre-set sounds, try Kontakt or Steinberg’s Halion.
    Hope this helps
    Bill

Maybe a novation impulse or perhaps a nektar impact. Some of the cheaper things like alesis v49 have velocity problems. Organ sounds can use about anything because they dont need velocity or aftertouch.