Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A-100 few issues vibrato, bleeding note, internal speaker help

The screen and plate resistors of the 6AU6's are prone to failure. I normally replace these. R7 & 8 and R19 & 20. You could confirm this by carefully measuring the DC voltage on pins 5 (plate) and 6 (screen) on V1 & 2.

Jim

ao28_under.jpg

Update I. Finally bit the bullet and had an organ tech come out. He replaced all the tubes. Checked the scanner by wetting his finger and touching the area near the top left with a series of capacitors, It is definitely scanning . He the stated that he had the problem narrowed down to an output issue,as you can hear the vibrato working just with very low volume.he asked if I check the output voltages per the schematic.i told him I didn't know where to check(I work on
    Computers for a living) ive been looking for some obvious output component but I'm not sure where to measure the +280,+290,100v etc .anyways,he never measured either.he assumed that was the 1.0 capacitor and charges $100 and left.he never came back.i replaced the capacitor my self,but still no change in the vibrato volume.help please.im even willing to do a google hang out or skype if anyone is willing

- - - Updated - - -

Update I. Finally bit the bullet and had an organ tech come out. He replaced all the tubes. Checked the scanner by wetting his finger and touching the area near the top left with a series of capacitors, It is definitely scanning . He the stated that he had the problem narrowed down to an output issue,as you can hear the vibrato working just with very low volume.he asked if I check the output voltages per the schematic.i told him I didn't know where to check(I work on
    Computers for a living) ive been looking for some obvious output component but I'm not sure where to measure the +280,+290,100v etc .anyways,he never measured either.he assumed that was the 1.0 capacitor and charges $100 and left.he never came back.i replaced the capacitor my self,but still no change in the vibrato volume.help please.im even willing to do a google hang out or skype if anyone is willing

all the tubes was shooting in the dark, not troubleshooting, don't count on him!!!!!
    1956 M3, (2)51 Leslie under upgrade, 860 (130 powered)Leslie with Preamp, S08 Yamaha and two K2000S, Young Chang spinet, Korg Trinity
    and Korg KRONOS X73
    Looking for that mythical cheap or free A, BV, CV, C2, C3 or A100 but wouldn't say no to a free B3

Rule of thumb regarding Hammond console troubleshooting: It's not a tube.

When I have had the volume issue you have described, it has been a cap or resistor.

Vibrato signal. From preamp terminal C - to line box - through the vib rotary switches - scanner and back in terminal D.

Vib on, with a meter set on AC, read terminal C. Hold a chord - read 3-5 Volts AC. If you don't read that, then there is a issue around v2.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12