Thread: What is a 1968 Vox Continental worth?

What is a 1968 Vox Continental worth?

Hey everyone. I'm a guitarist/keyboardist and I'm cleaning out my music room. One item I have is a 1968 Vox Continental. It has the legs, the cover, the carrying case, and all in good condition.

Everything works except that the C# keys don't work for certain stops (probably a transistor on the C# oscillator board). Anyway, I'm looking for a fair price to ask for a local sale. Ebay seems to be all over the map from $1k to $5k. Not looking to rip anyone off or be ripped off, just looking for a good solid price to start with. Thanks for the help!

Mike

look at the selling prices on Ebay, great looking organ, is it British, US (Thomas) or Italian? Wood or plastic keys?
    1956 M3, (2)51 Leslie under upgrade, 860 (130 powered)Leslie with Preamp, S08 Yamaha and two K2000S, Young Chang spinet, Korg Trinity
    and Korg KRONOS X73
    Looking for that mythical cheap or free A, BV, CV, C2, C3 or A100 but wouldn't say no to a free B3

It's Italian with plastic keys. I see a wide range of prices on Ebay. Non-working ones for $900, some asking for $5000 that didn't sell, one that sold for $1800. I'm thinking in the $1500-$2000 range, but that's still a pretty big range. Just looking for a sanity check. I know guitar values really well, but not organs.
    Thanks.

may get that, repaired you could do better maybe?
    1956 M3, (2)51 Leslie under upgrade, 860 (130 powered)Leslie with Preamp, S08 Yamaha and two K2000S, Young Chang spinet, Korg Trinity
    and Korg KRONOS X73
    Looking for that mythical cheap or free A, BV, CV, C2, C3 or A100 but wouldn't say no to a free B3

Mike, I just bought an Italian Continental for about $2100, USD. For its age, the only issues were a bad note, two missing drawbar ends, rusty legs, no cross bars, no case for legs. I had been looking for a couple of months, watching Ebay and Reverb, and I felt it was a little bit on the high side of a fair price. However, this seller was willing to ship it, most sellers won't, local pickup only.

So, have you sold it?

I would agree with you ,1500- 2000 range would be average price. Maybe if you fixed the C# issues it would sell faster and you could get closer to 2k price.
    Also,if you sell on Reverb.com they only take 3.5% selling fee and no initial listing fee.
    Ebay has 10% selling fee plus a small initial listing fee.
    Anyway your Vox looks to be in nice shape so you should have no problem selling it.