Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johannus ONE!!

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Dexibell is a new company owned by Proel a manufacturer of other electronic products and accessories for the music industry. I believe they took over the Roland factory in Italy when Roland sold it. (They did not buy any Roland technology) Some of the staff have previously worked for Roland.

Dexibell manufacture a range of digital pianos that seem to have sold reasonably well in Europe over the last 18 months or so and they are about to launch in the USA.

My guess is, the Johannus ONE and the Dexibell Classico L3 are the same and made in the Dexibell factory using Johannus organ samples. Johannus can sell it to organ dealers and Dexibell to their piano dealers to maximise sales in what is after all, a relatively small market.

http://www.dexibell.com/index.php?ro...tegory&path=79
    I checked out this link. I can't read the text but I saw something interesting in the close up picture. Under the tremulant tab is a bar of lights indicating crescendo with what looks like "tutti" at the top. I wonder if there is a separate input jack for a volume pedal to do crescendo.

I hope they won't be that pricey. That's almost in the Studio line range.

The Studio 170 delivered and installed is at least double and perhaps more. The Studio is a full-size, however compact it may be, 2M + P practice organ. The ONE is ..... well ..... a 1M portable.

Sorry for lack of clarity - I was referring to the possibility that it is in the 4-5k EU range. Apparently it's more like 2200.

Where does one find a list of the voices for the three divisions? I know it says there are orchestral sounds. Which ones? Also interested in the description of the organ stop voices and piano voices, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMG3 View Post
    Where does one find a list of the voices for the three divisions? I know it says there are orchestral sounds. Which ones? Also interested in the description of the organ stop voices and piano voices, etc.
    Are you asking about the Johannus ONE, Studio 170, or 2200? Generally, a quick search on the Internet should provide a stoplist.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 4 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony)
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Thanks Michael, I was not clear, and just read the thread heading. Yes, I am inquiring about the Johannus ONE. After posting, I did find a pdf file listing voices for the ONE. No timpani on the pedal division which I hoped to find there. I imagine it can be added through midi on that division. Also checking out the Dexibell Classico L3 which apparently is very much the same board (as I understand it Dexibell manufactures the ONE for Johannus). I have not found a listing of voices for the Classico L3 as yet, but expect the orchestral voices are pretty much identical between the two. As long as you can add a particular voice you want through midi, that should be a solution. Clearly, one is going to need to also add a bass boost speaker if using voices like a timpani on the pedal division of either board.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMG3 View Post
    A stoplist can be found here:
    http://www.johannus.com/en/collectio...ne#disposition
    1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
    Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

I have a pro audio synthesizer that has a massive pallette of acoustic and electronic sounds and a hammer weighted keyboard action. It has several pipe and electronic organs in its library, and the keyboard can be split any way the musician wants. It has no speakers or onboard audio, it can only be heard through auxiliary PA. As an organist I need an organ to at least have two keyboards and a pedalboard. If an instrument is not an organ, that's fine, but don't pretend to be one! I have never used the organ sounds on my keyboard. Ever. I know they are there, and I auditioned a couple just out of curiosity when it was new to me (20 years ago) but if I cannot use them in an idiomatic fashion they are useless to me. I use the many sampled pianos and sometimes layer in string and vocal ooh's and aah;s and that is the extent of what this musician can do with a single keyboard instrument. To my fingers, a hammer weighted keyboard action feels a lot more like an authentic 'tracker action' pipe organ than any of the so called 'tracker touch' systems that digital and some pipe, organs use to provide a tracker organ feel to a non-tracker action. I could play the pipe organ samples on my synth with a very tracker like action, but to me the handicap of having only one manual and no pedalboard just kills any ability to perform the repertoire I have spent years learning. No doubt someone more talented could work up entirely new ways of performing standard repertoire, but surely such musicians will be few, and a higher end synth like mine can give them everything the Johannus offers plus thousands of other sounds and textures and percussion for much less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
    I have a pro audio synthesizer that has a massive pallette of acoustic and electronic sounds and a hammer weighted keyboard action. It has several pipe and electronic organs in its library, and the keyboard can be split any way the musician wants. It has no speakers or onboard audio, it can only be heard through auxiliary PA. As an organist I need an organ to at least have two keyboards and a pedalboard. If an instrument is not an organ, that's fine, but don't pretend to be one! I have never used the organ sounds on my keyboard. Ever. I know they are there, and I auditioned a couple just out of curiosity when it was new to me (20 years ago) but if I cannot use them in an idiomatic fashion they are useless to me. I use the many sampled pianos and sometimes layer in string and vocal ooh's and aah;s and that is the extent of what this musician can do with a single keyboard instrument. To my fingers, a hammer weighted keyboard action feels a lot more like an authentic 'tracker action' pipe organ than any of the so called 'tracker touch' systems that digital and some pipe, organs use to provide a tracker organ feel to a non-tracker action. I could play the pipe organ samples on my synth with a very tracker like action, but to me the handicap of having only one manual and no pedalboard just kills any ability to perform the repertoire I have spent years learning. No doubt someone more talented could work up entirely new ways of performing standard repertoire, but surely such musicians will be few, and a higher end synth like mine can give them everything the Johannus offers plus thousands of other sounds and textures and percussion for much less money.
    Do you know that there are, or were, many pipe organs in Europe that are only one manual?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast