Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Liquidation!

Total Liquidation!

So, I am a big enough person to realize when I have gone a little overboard. In order to appease my loving wife, gain back some valuable living and storage space, and make the way for an impending summer pipe organ project, I am offering most all of the reed organs I have acquired and/or saved which are not yet restored. I am opening the floor to offers only hoping to cover some of what I spent to purchase or transport these regal beauties to my home.

29711558943_69f8d35765_o.jpgFirst off is this gorgeous old girl who probably needs the most love of all. Mason & Hamlin style 514. P.S. there is no back, like an old lady in a hospital gown just hanging out there.

26411152204_f46a84a90d_o.jpgSecond up is this Mason & Hamlin 33M. A Liszt organ in F scale. She plays albeit in low gear. The bellows are not bad, but the leather valves are.

26983161016_b372b0be4a_o.jpgThird is a lovely Seybold. This was pulled from a church in the Catskills which had been empty for about 10 years and I don't think was ever heated. 20 stops with all the faces still there. One key has a missing piece of celluloid. Beautiful finished back and even a hand pump on the side.

packard.jpgHere is a great big Packard chapel organ. It has a nicely finished back with an unfortunate cut out where it was 'winded' at some point. They at least kept the part they cut out, now it just looks like a door for a raccoon or something!

26411010814_be39620824_o.jpgGoing down in size is a high topped Estey style N. This organ plays great and is my primary music maker. The only thing she needs at this point besides a talented tuner is to have the hinge on the treble coupler replaced.

See continuation below.
    ALLEN ADC 5000 DK
    Rodgers LDS
    Three Manual VPO project
    Viscount Cantorum VI
    Ahlborn SL-61
    3 Reed Organs

26411010134_6069f614b5_o.jpgThe smallest of the group but also the oldest from 1866 is this two rank Mason & Hamlin cabinet organ. This one also plays quite nicely.

26948521081_00efd78aa1_o.jpgAnd last but not least is this two rank Estey organ, Free with purchase of any other organ. First come first served.

P.S. Out of the Seybold, the Packard and the F scale Liszt, I will be keeping one, don't really care which one but one for a future project.
    ALLEN ADC 5000 DK
    Rodgers LDS
    Three Manual VPO project
    Viscount Cantorum VI
    Ahlborn SL-61
    3 Reed Organs

ppp Pianississmo Tamara'sFirstOrgan's Avatar

Wow ! I wish we lived closer - so far away from you in Oregon. My husband is from Finger Lakes. Beautiful collection !

Quote Originally Posted by steverose View Post
    In order to appease my loving wife, gain back some valuable living and storage space, and make the way for an impending summer pipe organ project, I am offering most all of the reed organs I have acquired and/or saved which are not yet restored.
    What I wouldn't give to have been a fly on the wall for THAT conversation! Just don't tell my wife--she'll get ideas! We're about a year away from building a garage to house all (most of) the organs. The good thing is that you are in New York, and that's central enough for most people to be able to drive to you.

Best of luck with your divestments.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 4 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony)
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

How much for the Liszt? Barring that, how much for the 514?

Oh my! Such lovely stuff so far away .... are you nuts!! I'd give my remaining eyetooth for any one of those... You want an eyetooth?

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Seriously, don't be shy to make an offer. I need to move something out of this house! Nico, I will take it but shipping is still gonna be on you!
    ALLEN ADC 5000 DK
    Rodgers LDS
    Three Manual VPO project
    Viscount Cantorum VI
    Ahlborn SL-61
    3 Reed Organs

Quote Originally Posted by steverose View Post
    Seriously, don't be shy to make an offer. I need to move something out of this house! Nico, I will take it but shipping is still gonna be on you!
    Yeah I know - only too well... Sometimes I wish that the world was just a little smaller.... but I suppose I already have more than enough to play with and sincerely hope that those beauties will find a loving new home. Sigh.....

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Oh, man. I want the Seybold and the Packard so badly my head hurts. Unfortunately I am out of space and $$, and too far to ship.

I know this would be a major deal breaker for many, but the 2 rank Estey free with purchase is no longer available. It was the first to sell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast