Quote Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
With the advent of computer-controlled milling machines, making wooden keys might be easier than it was in the past -- if you had access to such a device. Then you've got to have the reverse black/white plastic key tops made, which might be more challenging because you'd have to pay someone to set up and do a production run, most likely with a minimum purchase.

Then, you'd have to know whether or not the rest of the key contact mechanism of the Italian models is the same as the British or American. How much further would you have to go? At what point would the cost far exceed the value of the organ, wooden keys or not? (This would probably kick in with the plastic key tops.)

There's a reason why many current-production keyboards use the same keys, actions, and contact strips. Setting up to make these is expensive.

I honestly prefer the American V-301H Continental (with wooden keys). Mine has been pretty reliable for >20 years. I've worked on an Italian-made Super Continental that was a nightmare. Every time I thought I had it finished, something else would stop working, an endless game of whack-a-mole.
good points David, and I think there were good Vox models built more than one place, but again there were variations. I loved my Jaguar. It was a huge upgrade from a Fast III Farfisa, they were both more orange than Donald Trump.