Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allen ADC 8000 in Phoenix

It is very common in the piano business for manufacturers to label their products with the store's name, at least for the higher volume manufacturers such as Young Chang, etc.

It looks to me like their websites are new, the domain having been initially registered in 2013. And many companies' first websites don't look so great--Allen's, for example, was pretty horrible. Take a look at the wayback machine for Allen organ and you'll see what I mean. https://web.archive.org/web/19961219...llenorgan.com/

In all, I think this is legit--and it appears he's the Rodgers dealer for Utah and Arizona--David Want is the owner of the domains for those companies.

It's not surprising that if the dealer is selling the organ on consignment that he doesn't want to provide the name of the owner.

Thanks. It's always amusing when people get a kick from online bashing with no real skills, knowledge nor talents.
    I was merely worried that it might not have been legit.

toddles - many thanks for clarifying.

Folks,
    Let me take back my naive assumptions, this sale seems genuine.
    Many thanks for the advice. I've had lots of help from very fine people on this forum, and hopefully wll encounter more of you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Organsaz View Post
    Well I don't know who is contacting you about one, but this is actually our craigslist listing. I happened to come across this forum post while searching for a manual. 😊
    Organsaz,

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you/your dealership continue to participate in the Fourm.

You can download a manual from Allen's website for free at: https://www.allenorgan.com/www/suppo...hreeManual.pdf

All,

My reasons for doubting one of the two postings was genuine (one on CraigsList vs. the other ADC-8000) were:
    • I became aware of both ADC-8000 organs for sale within the same day--a highly unusual occurrence, as I have never seen two ADC-8000 organs for sale in a year. Much less the same day! One was a direct contact, and the other was via the Forum.
    • Both organs had roughly the same price. One was listed at the same original asking price as the other.
    • Both organs were being sold as organ, pedals, and bench only. Speakers and amplifiers were being made available at an extra charge (Huh?!!!). In all my organ purchases, I've never had one purchase offer to charge me extra to hear the organ (i.e. amplifiers & speakers). Normally, they are included.
    • Both organs were represented as having come from a church (instilling trust on the part of the reader).
    Consequently, my antennae and skeptic meter went much higher than usual, and I just wanted to be sure Forum members who might be interested in the listings verified the seller before doing business. Since I was contacted directly about the 2nd organ and haven't heard a response back yet, I am leaning toward believing the private contact was the questionable listing rather than this one.

For obvious reasons, I won't disclose the location and purported seller of the other ADC-8000, just in case it is legitimate, and because I'm interested in purchasing it if it is legitimate. Surely, you all understand my never-ending quest for a 32' Pedal Reed!

I apologize for any confusion this may have created. Please don't malign or unduly scrutinize a legitimate dealer because of my post.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 4 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony)
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

No offense! I understand. Perhaps I worded the speaker and amps wrong. We are selling the organ for $7900 and are offering to customize the speaker setup. The church we removed this organ from had a monstrous amp and speaker setup which would take up an entire room if we included it all. Also I'm not sure what the other posting was about. Maybe someone was trying duplicate our listing to scam. That is frustrating but there are certainly a lot of scammers out there.

And yes it is true that we didn't want to share who we are selling this organ for. It's bad business to say because we have situations where an interested party tries to make deals behind our back directly with the consignee. This is annoying to us and to the person or church we are selling for.

If anyone is interested about who we are let me introduce myself and my father.

My father David Wang and I (Sam Wang) own and operate Organs AZ in Arizona, Rodgers Organ Utah in Utah, and Wang Pianos in Arizona and Utah. We have two showrooms in Utah and Arizona, but we do not hold regular business hours so we show pianos and organs by appointment only. While we operate mainly in those two states, we are also dealers for Rodgers organs in many other states including Idaho, New Mexico, and parts of Nevada and Texas. We are also dealers for Petrof, Brodmann, Viscount, Copeman Hart, and Johannus. We have our own private label piano under our the name "Wang & Sons." We've been operating those businesses for roughly 4-5 years now. Before this we both sold instruments and pianos for a company in Utah and owned our own music store in Ohio. My father graduated from Mount Union College in Ohio with a music degree in trumpet and vocal performance. He taught music for many years and then moved onto pianos in both sales and service. My father has been tuning and selling pianos and organs for nearly 40 years and got his start selling Lowery organs back in the late 70's.

I graduated from Utah Valley University with a degree in English and a minor in business. I also recently graduated from Law school and took the bar exam. While I intend on practicing law I will also remain involved in the family business. I've been involved in the businesses for about 20+ years. I also tuned pianos, repaired digital pianos and digital organs, but I no longer do it because I didn't enjoy repairs and tuning much. 😊

So maybe that clears up some confusion! I don't intend to plaster our sales in these forums or anything like that, but we will continue posting various used pianos and organs on Craigslist. We look forward to engaging in this forum and/or seeing any of you various clinics we might be involved in.

Welcome Organsaz! Thanks for the clarification! Its a nice organ and while I don't even have my ADC 5300 up and running right now (recent move), I sure do drool over that 3 manual!
    Allen 5300-DK, Hammond A-105, Conn Custom 905-DK

I feel I need to write something here. Initially, although extremely enthused by the ADC8000, I was very skeptical about the people selling it and the doubt clouded my judgement. I suppose when one buys an expensive item from abroad one can be a little careful to say the least!

However, I MUST say (and I am in absolutely no way affiliated with the business) that Mr David Wang and his son, Sam, have been nothing short of excellent to me. They made the sale extremely easy for me and not only were they very patient with me but they even agreed to take additional photographs and even videos of the organ being played just to satisfy me in believing that the organ was in perfect working order. Even after the sale was complete they answered my MANY questions rapidly and with great detail and care. I can honestly say that these men are very, very good salesmen and I believe many of you will agree that an honest, friendly salesman is very hard and rare to find these days.

I just cannot say enough to summarize how good these guys have been to me. I am seriously grateful to them and I totally regret any doubt I had about their legitimacy months ago when I was looking at the organ. I'm sure they don't need me doing this but I feel it would be a huge injustice not to comment on these fantastic dealers just in case anyone in or near Phoenix should be looking at an organ in the future (or indeed a piano).

Liam,

Thank you for the review. As I'm sure you have seen on the Forum, when other dealers (I guess you can call them that) offer their instruments, the experience is not always what you have described. It is a relief to hear of someone in the business who represents their instruments well, and with integrity. Unfortunately, the service part of the business is often overlooked on the altar of expedience.

Great information for all of us to have.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 4 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony)
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12