Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allen ADC 8000 in Phoenix

Allen ADC 8000 in Phoenix

I want that!
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Something is fishy here. I was just contacted today about an ADC-8000, but it isn't in Phoenix. I wonder if there are two available, or if one of the people is piggybacking on another's post?

Just a word of caution.

Michael

P.S. Horseshoe_or, you don't need to post the same *raigsList ad in two separate places. One post is sufficient.
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 4 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony)
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Well I don't know who is contacting you about one, but this is actually our craigslist listing. I happened to come across this forum post while searching for a manual. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by myorgan View Post
    Something is fishy here. I was just contacted today about an ADC-8000, but it isn't in Phoenix. I wonder if there are two available, or if one of the people is piggybacking on another's post?

Just a word of caution.

Michael

P.S. Horseshoe_or, you don't need to post the same *raigsList ad in two separate places. One post is sufficient.
    Actually, I was only trying for one posting. Don't remember how I end up posting twice. Hopefully the moderator will delete one of them.

The craigslist add is by the local Allen or Rodgers dealer. He may well have it advertised elsewhere. I think his last name is Wong but you shouldn't trust me memory. He posted several instruments. Certainly anyone interested should negotiate the price. I am not a tech but if anyone is interested in it, I can go look it over. I can also provide contact info for the local Allen service person.

I would love to have this console in my garage, but as many of you know it wouldn't come out as an ADC model. This is the perfect HW console for some of the larger sample sets, not that it would fit through my front door. Still, I have an excuse to haul some stuff to my son in Las Vegas and would consider doing a conversion for a church or someone who could fit this beast in their home.

Is it just me or is this a fake sale by someone trying to lure some poor person into a scam?
    Last edited by therepetiteur; 03-21-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therepetiteur View Post
    Is it just me or is this a fake sale by someone trying to lure some poor person into a scam?
    Not saying there aren't ever scams, but this time its just you I'm afraid. What makes you suspicious about it?

1) The salesman says he's an organ dealer and his company is "Organs AZ".2) The ad quoted, word for word, the exact same description of the instrument as was in another advert which has today been removed funnily enough. 3) The salesman says he is also a certified Rodgers dealer and has another company "Wang and sons pianos and organs". For such a small-looking business, they do really well in manufacturing their own line of upright and grand pianos!!! 4) The seller refers to his father, David Wang, as one of Rodgers top 10 dealers. Every picture of his man available online is the same.5) The seller says he is selling on behalf of a church however refuses to provide any evidence or contact information whatsoevrer, but is quick to refer potential buyers to his several companies. The websites of which all look rather shifty and quickly put together. Seriously, look at the "wang and sons" piano website!Unless he deletes everything before you've had a chance to see this for yourself, I rest my case.

According the Rodgers website, Organs AZ, David Wang, is the authorized Rodgers dealer in central Arizona.
    Last edited by Admin; 03-22-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast