Thread: Antique Bristol parlor organ

Antique Bristol parlor organ

I have this organ from the 1890s in my house and it needs to go. It's very beautiful but who buys these things? How do I even go about selling it and is it even worth anything? It works... 1 key sticks. What I know is that it was made by Charles Netzow.

Hi and welcome.

You might post some pictures and indicate where the organ is at.

Thanks

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Pictures are in above link and it's located in South Dakota. I don't have any better pictures because I have the top half downstairs and the bottom half in my living room.

https://1890snetzowbristolparlororga...y.com/pictures

20161021_201812.jpg

I just got access to post a picture. Hopefully it works!

It appears to be an organ built by JW Punter in Milwaukee. There is only one 12-stop version registered on the ROS database with no pictures so difficult to identify. Could you list the stop names? Thanks.

Thank you for the pictures. It seems like a nice piece and looking good. Just hang in a bit. Someone else closer to your location might respond. I am located very far away so precluded from possibly buying it myself.

Nico
    Last edited by Organfella; 02-08-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Yeah, if I didn't live half way across the country, I would jump on that one too.
    1914 Estey Parlor Organ. Guts of a 1904 Putnam Organ (parts organ). Digital stage piano. Various guitars. Autoharp. Banjo. Musical Cat.

Diapason Forte, diapason, echo horn (?), principal, dox Angelica, bass coupler, treble coupler, Cremona, Celeste, dulcet treble, melodia, principal Forte. I hope that's what you wanted! Some of the letters are all fancy and I wasn't 100% sure but maybe you'll get the idea.

Thank you. Yes that is what I meant. The stops appear quite typical and similar to other US makes. It sounds like a good organ and the woodwork is nice. If you are looking to get an estimate value it would be difficult to establish. On items of this nature the value is really determined by what a prospective buyer is prepared to offer. But in my opinion a piece like that is worth something. If you are of a mind to get rid of it you might indicate on this Forum what price you had in mind and with some better pictures and descriptions of the general and playing condition (do all the notes sound) there might be some who would be willing to indicate a price you could try for. Have you advertised it anywhere?
    Nico

I actually have it on ebay right now but no bites. I think I just reduced it to $1149. I've had 26 views but no one had asked any questions or asked for additional pictures. I have no doubt it's worth something just due to how beautiful it is, but finding someone who appreciates it is the hard part. It doesn't help that I'm in the middle of nowhere either.