Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wurlitzer C400 organ details

Itís how you save a registration to one of the memory pistons. Press and hold it and while still holding it press one of the memory pistons, then release both. Whatever your registration is will then be recalled when you press the piston where it was saved. The manual says the S button will flash after you press it but Iíve not noticed that

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

If youíre using external speakers Iíd highly recommend you use as many audio channels as you can with this organ. The sound is much improved the more channels you use.

Thank you so much for the information. I knew there must be a way to use the memory. I don't have a manual for it. I learned to play on a Hammond M model spinet, then the church upgraded to a C-3 and I own a Hammond A-102 with a 251 Leslie. The organ has 2 external cabinets and I have to keep the master volume turned way down, because our church is quite small. I really think just the organ speakers would suffice in our sanctuary. Thanks again for the information. Oh yeah, the "S" piston does flash when pressed on my organ.
    Last edited by Jim Key; 02-14-2018 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Adding information

Glad to help!

Just to clarify, the quantity of channels/speakers is not meant to increase volume. By separating the stops into separate channels it improves the quality of sound. On my organ I use 8 channels with small Klipsch satellites and two subwoofers. Itís loud enough to fill a small church but takes up a minimal amount of space and sounds a lot better than even when I previously used 4 channels.

Iím just saying this for your information. If it seems practical itís worth considering
    Viscount C400 3-manual
    8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
    Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Hello
    I am writing to you looking for help. We have in our church organs C-400 (as Wurlitzer). They are now installed at alter. We need to move them to different place and because they are relatively old, we would like to protect our self if something would go wrong during this transition. Could you sell as a copy of manual/schematic for this instrument or tell us where we can obtain something like service manual for it?
    Thank you in advance for your help

Andrzej Sip

I am quite happy to help you.

If youíre simply wanting to know how to disconnect things to move it and then reconnect them when itís in the new location, the user manual would be more appropriate for that. However, what Iíd recommend is to simply label every cable (like wrapping tape around the cable with a number) and a matching indicator on the organ itself where the cable connects to. Perhaps take some photos with a phone or camera to use as reference as necessary. You probably donít need to cut any cables to move it.

If youíre wanting to repair the organ if something breaks while youíre moving it (unlikely...) you are welcome to post here if something stops working. Everyone here is very helpful and you will most certainly get the help you need. Just move the organ smoothly and it should survive with no problems.

If youíre confused by what you see, post some photos here. I am very familiar with how the organ is laid out and might be able to immediately know what to advise.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. My pastor assigned me to this project (moving) and also asked me to help our organist to learn how to use memory system (she doesn't know how to program it). We need also three buttons (they are broken): in pedal section, in middle column second on from the bottom; in swell section in left column :second from the top and in middle column : second one from the top. We do not know what function they realize. I you could give me some advises, I appreciate.

Here's a break down of the pistons from left to right:

- Underneath swell manual: 1-6 general memory pistons, swell/pedal coupler, 1-6 swell divisional pistons
    - Underneath great manual: 1-6 pedal divisional pistons, great/pedal coupler, 1-6 great divisional pistons, swell/great coupler, choir/great coupler, auto pedal (plays pedal with lower half of great manual), tutti
    - Underneath choir manual: memory set piston, choir/pedal coupler, 1-6 choir divisional pistons, swell/choir coupler, cancel piston

For the general and divisional pistons there is also a red '0' piston which is sort of a cancel, but you can also strangely sometimes set a registration on them (although you lose it when powering down).

For using the memory system:

- To save a registration to one of the general pistons, first set the registration on the organ. Then press and hold the memory set piston (below swell manual on left) and press one of the general pistons where you want to save it. Let go of both pistons.
    - To save a divisional registration, follow the above instructions but simply select the divisional piston you're wanting to save to.
    - Also notice the dial 1-6 underneath the swell drawknobs—that sets the memory level (each memory level can have their own general and divisional registrations).

Hope this helps.
    Viscount C400 3-manual
    8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
    Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Thank you for your answer. Our organist is going to practice this programming. But I would ask you for something else: Could you give me clue, where to obtain an user manual for this organs? Than, I will not bother you with my naive questions. Thank you.

If you send me a private message with your email address I can email it to you.

I am electronic and for 100 percent this component in the circle is not a capacitor it is a coil. the black core can change inductance of this coil, if is turning left or right. what is purpose for this adjustment? at this point, I do not know. If I will have any clue about I will let you know

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast