Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembering LENNY DEE gone 10 years today..

Always loved his music and as a teenager, I really was inspired by him. I was fortunate enough to talk to him once, and he was a gentleman. Truly a great guy who took time out of his day to speak with me. His 70s work was the stuff I grew up on and loved it.

Nice to read others personal stories and memories of Lenny, likewise not a day goes by without playing some of his recordings here such is our fandom of his talent. We are lucky to know some other fans locally and it is nice to enthuse and chat over the whole Lenny scene including Hammonds as you do including a friend who travelled overseas a few times just to meet the great man all wonderful stories. The thing is with that sound and style created by what was at the time something of a genius way ahead of his time I doubt we will ever see anything like it again particularly in a auto keyboard hands free world. The up side is a wealth of studio recordings, video footage survives and even memorabilia which is great news for lovers of his music so the legend will live on.

A discovery a few years ago was that Lenny sold his own cassette tapes at his shows which he compiled himself one of which contains a unreleased studio track. This track can be found on the tape 'THIS IS ME' and worth out for.
    HAMMOND XE200 Special Edition - HAMMOND XE1/B Style stand portable - CLAVIOLINE Concert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12