Thread: oil for M3

oil for M3

hello i am a new proud owner of a M3 and was wondering if there is a suitable substatue for the hammond oil, ie: fine air tool oil (petroleum based)?
    thank you in advance,
    matt / fooldancing

Re: oil for M3

Don't use anything but genuine Hammond oil. It's still available. You can find it
    here.

thank you i called a hammond repar shop in pittsburgh, Pa and that is what he told me as well.
    the organ i have was given to me and the last record i have of it being oiled was in 1983. it took quite a bit of oil but i finally got it quieted down to were it needs (just a bairly audible purr) to be and it runs perfectly. lucked out i guess none of the bearings are making a noise now (fhewww).
    thanks again

I got my oil, parts and manuals from Organ Service Company, Inc http://www.mitatechs.com/organcom.html</p>

they were great to deal with.</p>

Malcolm</p>

Well, if there is no Hammond Oil avalible, you can use a light sewing machine oil. I have used it for my C3 in Poland for 20 years. It still works fine. </p>

Regards</p>

I know it's controversial, but I too am a fan of sewing machine oil simply because it's easier to buy. I've also heard numerous times that there's nothing actually special about Hammond oil - it's just a brand name used for marketing purposes.</p>

</p>

I also ignore the advice of Toyota when they advise to only use genuine Toyota parts - and I've never had to replace a part that I've already replaced with a non-genuine part. I realise my logic is flawed because my sample pool is different between parts which are original and parts which have already been replaced, but what the hey, my car works fine and so does my Hammond!
    </p>

If it were genuinely not available or were difficult to buy, then maybe an alternative would be acceptable, providing you researched its contents and made sure that is is suitable. BUT, it is available and it is easy to buy, so buy some!</P>

Andy</P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

[quote user="andyg"]

, providing you researched its contents and made sure that is is suitable. BUT, it is available and it is easy to buy, so buy some!</P>

Andy</P>

[/quote]</P>

G'day all,</P>

Andy's right - it's also my understanding that sewing machine oil has parrafin in it which over timecan gunge up the TG. Bail's, all you need to do is call up the boys at Metro Organs in Glenhuntly - they stock bucket loads of Hammond oil, it's not expensive and they'll post it to you - EASY! I usually buy 6 years supply at a time - makes the post &amp; pack cost cheap and you always have some on hand.</P>

Cheers,</P>

Ian</P>

Hammond X77GT & Leslie 77P
    Lowrey C500 & Leslie 720/540
    Hammond T524 & Leslie 710
    Gulbransen Theatrum & Leslie 700
    Yamaha EL90T