Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen Vs. Rodgers

Allen Vs. Rodgers

Our church is looking into replacing an excisting allen organ. We were planning on just replacing it with a new Allen. However, we have been given information about the Rodgers T928. I just saw one installed in a church and it blew me away. I was hopping someone could help me compare the Rodgers T928 with the Allen Q325.</P>

Help</P>

Re: Allen Vs. Rodgers

if going digital I'd recommend Phoenix:

http://www.phoenixorgans.com/

As I understand it MUCH better pricing than Allen.

They have some stunning consoles:

Rodgers is coming out with a new model next month at the AGO convention in Chicago that is allegedly priced very well.

If you go with Allen, make sure you get the extra cost option keys or look at the plastic keys in person before committing to buy. Our church has a 2 and a half year old Allen, and the keys are made from cheap milk carton grade plastic. Really dissapointing Allen used such cheap plastic on a otherwise wellbuilt console. Also I myself find the Allen sounds very stale, but I imagine adding to the speaker compliment would help on that.

Another option: For the cost of a new Allen you could get a real pipe organ (used), but that depends on your space etc....there are two E.M. Skinners on ebay for 8k right now....cost to have installed will be much more of course, including any releathering etc, but if you want something long term and have the accoustic, go real pipes. If carpeted/dead...go digital.

I absolutely love Allen. I just got back from playing a beautiful Allen with the most realistic sound I have ever heard. It sounds like a large cathedral. I personally do not care for Rodgers. I think they sound fake and their consoles are not the best, IMmostHO. Nothing beats a great pipe organ, but in the Allen vs. Rodgers debate, I would go for Allen.

I don't care for Allen - cheap keyboards and overpriced organs. In addition, the flues don't sound realistic (but the reeds sound "ok"). Although Rodgers' consoles aren't the best, I would geta Rodgers instead - any day.</P>

Now, on the subject of these two specific models, I can't help you.</P>

However, what NYCFB suggested is a great idea - get a used pipe organ if possible.</P>

[quote user="NYCFarmboy"]

Rodgers is coming out with a new model next month at the AGO convention in Chicago that is allegedly priced very well.</P>

Another option: For the cost of a new Allen you could get a real pipe organ (used), but that depends on your space etc....there are two E.M. Skinners on ebay for 8k right now....cost to have installed will be much more of course, including any releathering etc, but if you want something long term and have the accoustic, go real pipes. If carpeted/dead...go digital.[/quote]</P>

</P>

The Rodgers is supposed to be a three manual lighted drawknob priced very competitively. Their new Trillium Masterpiece series is very interesting in that you can specify everything on the organ, including the stop list.</P>

</P>

Getting a used pipe organ will also mean re-voicing it, so don't to forget to add that into the costs.</P>

</P>

[quote user="radagast"]

Getting a used pipe organ will also mean re-voicing it, so don't to forget to add that into the costs.</P>

*</P>[/quote]

It will be cheaper than replacing the Allen (AGAIN) down the road like they are doing now.

I guess I would ask you to amplify what you mean by "compare."</P>

Technical specifications, traditional look-feel, relative quality points, size of firms, bells and whistles...</P>

I would say, that the last time I checked,Allen sold three organs for every one that Rodgers sells and that the other companies fall in line below that. If the market place is an indicator there you go for a comparison. []</P>

Most electronic organs (85%) are replaced before they are twenty years old.</P>

Chapelpipes</P>

</P>

Hi,

While I don't dispute that Allen outsells Rodgers, I am curious to know where you get your statistics from. I heard from one source that Allen sells about 1,000 units, and Rodgers about 900. I have also heard that Johannus outsells Rodgers in the US.

According to NAMM statistics, just over 3,100 classical/church/theatre organs were sold in the US last year.

AV

<FONT face=Arial>@arie: Your sales figures arepretty close to reality... - except for the statement reagrding Johannus which is completely wrong (Johannus is quite successful in Europe but their US sales arewell below the "Big Two's").</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial>As the "A vs R"discussion concerns, it's just a matter of taste (or individual experience with one of these products) which one of the two companies will be preferred. Fact is that Allen isn't the undisputed industry leader anymore as they have been for many years in the past. Rodgers has dynamically gained market share, particulary with their new Masterpiece series and it won't surprise me if there would be a historical "leadership-change" in the near future.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial>Nevertheless, both companies are doing serious business and both deliver quality for your money.</FONT></P>

Hi folks, can somebody out there give me a clue as to what I've recently inherited. I'm outside of Detroit, and in my (heated and dry) garage is a Beautiful 3 manual with 32 pedalboard Rolltop Rogers 32 C/D organ, complete with 5 or 6 original power amps and 2 good size (maybe a dozen speakers and a JBL tweeter in each) boxes, oh yes, and matching bench. It weighs a ton, I haven't heard a note out of it, and I can't even fit it through the doors, without major complications. Plus, and It's a big one, MY WIFE HATES IT.
    Besides, tough luck sucker, What's it worth, I certainly can't ship the thing, it would be a fortune. Can somebody talk me down, I'm a first timer to this sort of thing. Thank You </P>

TYSONSDADDY</P>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast