Thread: Rodgers Trio Deluxe 322?

Rodgers Trio Deluxe 322?

Can anyone tell me if a Rodgers Trio Deluxe 322 is a potentially worthwhile investment or was it a problematic and difficult to repair instrument?. Any information on it would help. Seller wants $900 negotiable. Thanks.

Doddy

This should have some information for you . . .

http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...rio-Deluxe-322

Hi I'm newer to the forum. I've been in love with organs since I was a child. I have a Hammond M-111 refurbished with a Leslie 44 which I love. However I have a fixation for a WHITE/gold, Conn, or Rodgers, or Wurlitzer theatre organ. I found one on Ebay now for 2750 and he's selling it for another guy (DR) and knows little about condition. It looks rough and it's in California. I'm in Connecticut. Not good. So I keep my eyes open. I read your 08 post on the Rodgers Trio Deluxe 322 which I also found for 900 negotiable. Again, I'm waiting on a response from the women about this but I think that one is also in the middle of nowhere. Do you happen to know of any similar theatre organs for sale at this time?. I'm very concerned about condition and needs for repair. Also, the shipping issue is a horror show as you know on these gorgeous monstrosities. Thanks for your help!!

Moved from the other older thread, which I've now closed. Andy-Moderator
    Last edited by andyg; 04-21-2014 at 05:32 PM.

ggolds5:

I would snap it up at that price, depending upon what external speakers come with it for $900 negotiable. Even if you go Virtual with it, the console is a comfortable fit, at least it was for me when I built one while working for Rodgers in Hillsboro.

Let me know if you need any further info, either here or by P.M (Private Message).

. . . Jan
    the OrganGrinder

The 322 was one of the early Trios, which means it has the Herbergger Brooks (English) wooden core keyboards, which are very nice. It is 1960's vintage, so anticipate some repairs, but it is entirely repairable with common electronic components--no custom IC's.

A great console for a virtual organ, and an OK organ for analog designs of that vintage. Very compact for a 3-manual 61 note keyboard organ, though the pedals are not AGO--they are a little undersized, but comfortable to play. A console that fits into a living room without being too big.

Do you think the organ itself reliability wise is good?. Easy to repair?. Thanks again.

Yes, I think the overall reliability is good considering its age. Rodgers organs are very easy to repair, as all the circuit boards are easy to access.

Speaking of 322 Trios. Anybody have any experience with the pedal relays? I have a 322 Trio that about half of the pedals work. I replaced some of the magnets with good results but have another problem. The reed switch is being activated but the pedal doesn't respond to the stop tabs. It works with the coupler to solo but not the pedal stops. I suspect something in the switching board but don't know exactly what to look for.