Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viscount Prestige

Viscount Prestige

Hi,

Just a quick question, One of the stop bulbs has blown on my Viscount Prestige and I'm looking to replace it. What voltage and wattage is it?

Thanks

Since you are planning to replace it anyway, just pull the bulb out and check if voltage/wattage is printed on it. You can always check the voltage with a meter. Sometimes the bulbs filament is part of the circuit. For example, if a preset button bulb blows on my Hammond Elegante the preset can not be selected. I have been able to replace them with 12V automotive bulbs. Posting a pic with dimensions would help.
    AS FAR AS ORGANS ARE CONCERNED - I'M A GOOD MECHANIC AND A HOPELESS DRIVER.
    Hammond C3 & M102 & Elegante & PR40. Yamaha D85 & D65 & FS30 & MC600 & GX76. Thomas Celebrity Royale 871, Kawai T5 & E550, Conn 643 & 632 & 552.Lowrey H25R2. Elka EP12. Orla D6180, Wurlitzer 4430 & Omni 7000 & 555. Roland D70 & RA90 . Ferrofish B4000+. Leslie 145 & 705 & 710 & 720

Thanks for your reply

I had pulled it out and sadly, it was completely blank which is why i was asking. I thought automotive bulbs would work but in the end I gave Viscount a ring and they sent me some new bulbs free of charge. Still none the wiser and the ratings though!

The bulbs were not part of the circuit as the organ still works fine without the bulb.

I would love to see more of the posters put their country (location) in the post. One of the fascinating things I find in this forum is how "around the world" everyone is. And surprisingly few from the good ole US of A, where I naturally thought the center of the universe was lodged. Obviously very far from the truth regarding organs. Probably a lot of other things too.
    Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-60r, AT-20r(2 units), and AT-15(which is an s). Roland VR-760 organ/synth/piano
    Yamaha S-90, PSR-3000, , Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330
    Moved on:
    Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1 and AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30 and a slew of Leslies.
    Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000, MidiBoard

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzweil View Post
    I would love to see more of the posters put their country (location) in the post. One of the fascinating things I find in this forum is how "around the world" everyone is. And surprisingly few from the good ole US of A, where I naturally thought the center of the universe was lodged. Obviously very far from the truth regarding organs. Probably a lot of other things too.
    Totally agree. It helps when it comes to giving advice. We are not asking for the home address - just the country of residence.
    AS FAR AS ORGANS ARE CONCERNED - I'M A GOOD MECHANIC AND A HOPELESS DRIVER.
    Hammond C3 & M102 & Elegante & PR40. Yamaha D85 & D65 & FS30 & MC600 & GX76. Thomas Celebrity Royale 871, Kawai T5 & E550, Conn 643 & 632 & 552.Lowrey H25R2. Elka EP12. Orla D6180, Wurlitzer 4430 & Omni 7000 & 555. Roland D70 & RA90 . Ferrofish B4000+. Leslie 145 & 705 & 710 & 720

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzweil View Post
    Kurzweil,

Unfortunately for you, the Excited States of America is no longer the center of the organ universe. That goes for pretty much organs of any stripe. Looking at sales stats, the US market for home and church organs went down about 50% from 2008 to 2011.

As for home organs, Yamaha and Orla for example do not sell their offerings in North America. And church/institutional organs, companies are increasingly looking toward countries like China, Taiwan, Korea, Philippines, Nigeria and possibly Latin America for sales. Traditional markets such as North America and Europe are not carrying the freight anymore.

I'm going now to do something a little more uplifting.

AV

Arie,

Nice to see you posting today. Hope you're not thinking of something uplifting that's too far from the organ field. We need your expertise here! It is good to see that you haven't left us. I may have some organ news to share soon and would want your input and reaction.

Cheers!
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 ........ at last!
    Home: Allen MADC-420 ...........finally!
    Shop: More organs than I can count.... some working, many not!
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Can someone please tell me how to get to the stop bulbs on a Prestige?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by arie v View Post
    Unfortunately for you, the Excited States of America is no longer the center of the organ universe. That goes for pretty much organs of any stripe.
    This is unfortunate for the organ industry as a whole but actually just the opposite for me. I've been interested in home organs for the last four years now. I would never have purchased even one, let alone the ten I've been through, were they not available for pennies on the dollar. By the way, the one I've used 80% of the time is still the AT-60r. Most of the power and most of the sounds of the bigger models at 2/3's the weight.

Regarding changing the piston lamps, don't the little covers pry off on virtually all models? I would work it loose with a pocket screwdriver, going from side to side until it drops into my hand.
    Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-60r, AT-20r(2 units), and AT-15(which is an s). Roland VR-760 organ/synth/piano
    Yamaha S-90, PSR-3000, , Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330
    Moved on:
    Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1 and AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30 and a slew of Leslies.
    Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000, MidiBoard

If its anything like mine, you have to unscrew the stop switch circuit from inside the organ, then unscrew all the stop tabs from the circuit board - they're all linked together so its best just to be methodical and carefully takes them all off as a chain. Then you simply unsolder the bulb and replace.