Thread: Wurlitzer 4800 Concert Organ For Sale or Trade

Wurlitzer 4800 Concert Organ For Sale or Trade

Hello,

I recently aquired a Wurlitzer 4800 Concert Organ. It is huge, 590 lbs.! It has 32 pedals and a matching bench. It has the external leslie speaker, the 46W. This organ belonged to a church in Beverly, Illinois. It was purchased when the church combined with another church. The organ was moved to a practice space in Chicago in the late 90's where it sat until I bought it last month. It has only been moved 3 times in it's life and is in great shape and sounds fantastic. It was last serviced in 1992. As it spent the majority of it's life in use in a church, the condition is excellent, with few scratches or flaws, especially considering it was made in the fifties.

I bought it because I own a small recording studio in Chicago and hoped this would be a good organ for keeping in the studio for overdubs. It looks absolutely gorgeous and is enomormous with the footpedals, an impressive site to behold. I mainly bought it because of the leslie speaker. Most of the music I record is rock and roll and I wanted the hammond/leslie sound. I do not play the organ so I was not very knowledgable when the opportunity to buy this organ came up so I didn't really know what I was getting into.

I've been researching this organ on the internet to learn more about it. I have learned from your forum and from web research this organ uses electrostatic reeds. I also see that it is a desirable organ for church music. It sounds amazing and I am quite happy with it but it does have more of a church or classical sound. Most of my clients want the stereotypical B3 sound. The first session I had with the organ the client chose to use a Nord keyboard on the B3 setting rather than this organ, much to my dismay!

Currently, I am using the organ for recording when the client likes the sound. After reading posts in this forum I thought maybe the organ is better suited for someone in the church or classical music field. I would like to either trade this organ for a Hammond or sell it for money to put towards a Hammond. I would prefer to keep the Leslie speaker because it is very useful in the studio if I get a preamp for it to use on guitars and other stuff. But if someone made a good offer I would consider selling the organ and the leslie together, in a way it seems a shame to seperate them at this point in their lives! I am located in Chicago, Illinois in a warehouse with a freight elevator and a loading dock. If anyone is interested I can post pictures or you are welcome to come see it in person.

Thanks
    Jeff
    jpanall@artic.edu

Re: Wurlitzer 4800 Concert Organ For Sale or Trade

/Volumes/Users/jpanall/Desktop/IMG_0602.JPG

Is this still available, and have you any pictures of the console and stop specifications? VERY interested. Many thanks!

This sounds like a beauty! I have the 4602 Model (slightly smaller), and I am currently restoring it.

I'll e-mail you for pics, just for curiosity and reference. Thanks.

Soundboarddude: Why does it need be in the the Theatre organ area?
    ~1936 Hammond AV - Leslie 122 & PR40~ ~1954 Wurlitzer ElectroStatic 4602 - Leslie 125~

Here are some detailed Pictures of this particular 4800

View WurliTzer 4800 Slideshow

~1936 Hammond AV - Leslie 122 & PR40~ ~1954 Wurlitzer ElectroStatic 4602 - Leslie 125~

Thanks Orgrinder010! I couldn't figure out how to post the photos. That looks great.