Thread: Roland Atelier AT350c Portable

Roland Atelier AT350c Portable

Does anyone know of a review of this organ? Own one? or have views about it? Is it a good clonewheel. Is there a spec anywhere?

I've moved this to Combo Organs as that's what it is.

Alas, Keyboard Player magazine closed down just before I got to do the review. I've played it a bit now and though it can produce some great sounds, it does take a bit of 'driving' to access all the voices. You can store banks of registrations and then save these banks to USB stick, so that's the key to live performance with the organ. The Hammond sound is good, not 100% convinced about the rotary sim, but it's not in the same league as some of the better clones. If you need two manuals and all the extra goodies that the 350 offers, there's nothing else quite like it, but you have got to need and want all those extras!

Full spec and brochure is available on most official Roland websites.

Andy
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Hi Andy
    Thanks for the reply You say there are better clones. Which ones in particular at this price range are you thinking about?

For a more accurate Hammond sound, think about Hammond XK3c setups or the Nord line.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Roland AT-350 Editor?

Hi Andy - I am getting an AT-350c - it seems like its a lot of fun to play. However, to keep it portable, one has to dig quite deep into the machine to get "sounds" - i wondered if someone could push Roland to make a "Software" editor for registrations. There are excellent ones for their synths. Even the FX accordions you can set up registrations on your computer and load them from a USB stick...

thanks so much. Can i just say how much i appreciate all the info on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by killer.joe View Post
    Hi Andy - I am getting an AT-350c - it seems like its a lot of fun to play. However, to keep it portable, one has to dig quite deep into the machine to get "sounds" - i wondered if someone could push Roland to make a "Software" editor for registrations. There are excellent ones for their synths. Even the FX accordions you can set up registrations on your computer and load them from a USB stick...

thanks so much. Can i just say how much i appreciate all the info on this forum?
    Hi Joe,

I played the 350 the summer of 2010 at a keyboard show. If you understand the "Atelier way" of setting things up, you will have no problem. After 5 minutes I could play it fairly easily, and after 15 minutes it all seemed pretty smooth. Understand, though, I came from an Atelier perspective in the 1st place. If that is not your background, it will take longer to catch on, of course, but you will love the quality of sounds and styles. Keep some USBs handy for registration setups.

Here are some nice YouTubes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-A1l...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGun...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6hUD...eature=related

Enjoy,
    AT55
    AT55

HISTORY: Lowrey Celebration C-500, GX-225; Wersi EX-10 Expander; Roland RA-90 Expander; Roland AT-80, AT-80 SL; Lowrey Prestige; Roland AT-800AE
    CURRENT: Roland BK-7m; Roland RM-700; BK-7m Partner for iPad; Roland AT-900C w/ATUP-EX