Thread: Gulbransen Rialto II Electronic Organ

Gulbransen Rialto II Electronic Organ

It will be a sad day when we depart from this sweet little organ but it's no longer being used and we need the space.

Gulbransen Rialto II Electronic Theater Organ
    Serial #123876
    Model 828
    3A-240 Watts, 117 Voltz, 60 Hertz

This wonderful theater organ has over 80 synthesizers and rhythm accompaniments. Deluxe horseshoe with two-61 note keyboards, 25-note pedalboard in beautiful rich walnut cabinet with that sweet American organ sound. If rich deep tones are your preference then this organ is for you! Whether you want the full, lush sounds of a theater organ or the soft, mellow lilt of a flute solo, the Rialto II give you the full range of orchestral sounds with a quality of sound that has become a standard other try to equal. With a combination of Tab and Drawbars. It comes with a matching storage bench.

It does have a few minor nicks and surface scratches that can be easily removed/repaired. I cannot tell you about the functionality of the instrument as I do not play myself but I am under the impression it was in fine condition when we last had an organist around. It has been covered while being stored in a classroom. $375 OBO. Pick-up required or delivery possible with a local organ mover at your cost. We are located in the Hillsdale/Multnomah Village area of Portland, Oregon. Email to schedule a time to view it, cpower@pdxchurch.org. (Email not checked on the weekends.)

Thanks for checking it out. Hoping it finds a great new home!

Phoned and found out this is sold.

Anybody got another one?

I do, but it is in Joplin, Missouri. Seems a bit far from Abingdon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Phoned and found out this is sold.

Anybody got another one?
    I know you are holding out for the Rialto II, but after listening to the record you are trying to replicate with George Wright at the Rialto, he's not playing a Rialto II...I recommend you seek out a Rialto K, D, or Premiere.
    Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
    Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, Altec A-7(SOLD but missed). '6?-7?' X66 & 12-77 tone cabinet & L112 spinet [latest addition to my collection]...my RT2,Elegante,Leslie 31H sold
    Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
    Conn'68' 543 Minuet '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
    53' Stromberg Carlson Carillon- rare weighted key design!

Hello Paul,

George Wright played the Gulbransen Rialto K, Eddie Dunstedter played the Gulbransen Rialto II in their respective recordings.

Anyhow, things have moved on due to the lack of access to existing instruments to make sound samples from, and the exorbitant shipping costs of trying to bring an organ to the UK from the USA. I am now in the process of finishing the artwork for the first of several brand new Rialto II voicing PCB's which I intend will be fed by independent tone generators, thus combining the best of both worlds from the K and II models.

I'll be starting a new thread for the entire 'Rialto III' project in the next month or two.
    Doddy

"You don't know, what you don't know!"

Currently rebuilding a Gulbransen Rialto II with additional 'K' series free-phase Tibia tone generators and X-66 voice filters.
    Neil Jenson 3/35 VTPO. Leslie 212 'Rotosonic' speaker with additional Leslie 102 & 103 Drums and '122' Treble Horns & Rotors.
    My thread is here - http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...tedter-Special
    Electronic Organ Constructors Society member - http://www.eocs.org.uk/#

I've never seen a Rialto K in the UK. There may well be none as I'm not sure that Gully had UK representation back then. Premieres? Yes there were a few brought in but not that many. The then UK importers were not a big company, well not until they took on the Kawai line I should know, I worked for them for a few years! Gully distribution had changed hands by the time of the Rialto II (by the UK division of CBS if my memory serves me correctly) but still not that many in the UK.

I look forward to hearing a Rialto III if you build one. In fact, I'd like to come up and play it!

Andy G
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post

Anyhow, things have moved on due to the lack of access to existing instruments to make sound samples from, and the exorbitant shipping costs of trying to bring an organ to the UK from the USA.
    See Andy's post about the 102/103 pair on eBay UK. I wrote to you about this in your other thread too. If you have the money put as big a bid on the pair as you are willing to pay. You said you have the appropriate Rialto K organ already, right?
    Jimmy Williams
    Hobbyist (organist/technician)
    Gulbransen Model D with Leslie 204
    Farfisa Compact / Leslie 860 and Combo Preamp III / Hammond Porta-B

Doddy the closest they ever came to a "Rialto III" was the Palace but it was a spinet model. It would have been a monster of a console theater organ! Just mentioning this in case you ever come across one and want to analyze it. I'm really interested in your project - wish I CPU ld be of more help but the stuff you are doing is light years ahead of anything I am capable of doing!
    Jimmy Williams
    Hobbyist (organist/technician)
    Gulbransen Model D with Leslie 204
    Farfisa Compact / Leslie 860 and Combo Preamp III / Hammond Porta-B

Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilliams View Post
    See Andy's post about the 102/103 pair on eBay UK. I wrote to you about this in your other thread too. If you have the money put as big a bid on the pair as you are willing to pay. You said you have the appropriate Rialto K organ already, right?
    Thanks Jimmy,

Unfortunately I have just spent out on parted Hammond Elegante 61-note keyboards and full drawbar sets - the shipping on those is $500, not the whole story though as many organ parts and software for this project have started arriving from all over the world.

The shipping alone on those lovely Leslie cabinets is between $1300 and $2000, obtaining a pair of 102/103 speakers will have to wait until I get the Rialto's voice and tone generation electronics built now.

As a result of the shipping cost issues, I decided today to use Hauptwerks internal LF tremulant modulation and see what impact this has on the Rialto sound samples first. Still, the upside is I now know what to budget for later to get the 102 and 103 speakers back to the UK!

There is growing interest in what I am doing, not only that I have an eye for older instruments and Leslie speaker technology, but to replicate that into a PC system that is portable for gigging as well as permanent installations like my own. Many people will not have the 102/103 speaker combination and therefore another tremulant system will have to be considered (in addition to a 102/103 combination) for this project.

Many thanks for looking out for me though.
    Last edited by Doddy; 04-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Doddy

"You don't know, what you don't know!"

Currently rebuilding a Gulbransen Rialto II with additional 'K' series free-phase Tibia tone generators and X-66 voice filters.
    Neil Jenson 3/35 VTPO. Leslie 212 'Rotosonic' speaker with additional Leslie 102 & 103 Drums and '122' Treble Horns & Rotors.
    My thread is here - http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...tedter-Special
    Electronic Organ Constructors Society member - http://www.eocs.org.uk/#