Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allen T 12B

My only experience with a 12 was a parts purchase. Something was wrong with the gyro and I was fairly new to repairs and didn't have any success with my attempt to get sound. As mentioned it is a synthesis organ so it has a very limited ensemble but if you can get one at a good price it is a great cabinet, all self contained, and it has a warm tone. Not a bad instrument for the person who doesn't want to do alot of registration changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifier View Post
    It took me 3 weeks working evenings to figure out where all the cables went but it did sound great!
    Boy I can only imagine, that must've one impressive instrument. Sorry to veer off on a tangent here, but was the TC6 just a monster to deal with? Did it have to go into a room via French doors or the like? After the wrestling match I had getting the T15 into my house, it seems like the TC6 would just be too much.

Anyway, I hope you do get your Christmas wish for organ music!

td

Tc 6....

It went thru the basement door. It was easy to handle because the man I bought it from loaned me an organ dollie and my brother and I moved it. The odd thing was that after I moved the organ in I had to re build the picture window downstairs because it was starting to rot and I replaced the old slab door with a pre hung door but when I sold the organ I had to cut part of the door frame because it was smaller than the old slab door.

It was all the speaker cabinets and the oscillator rack that took up so much space. I figured out with the gyros all turning and all the amps on it drew at least 23 amps so I had the organ on two different circuits to spread out the demand. I wired up what I called a practice switch which would turn on one of the five amps when there were people around so to turn the whole organ on I used two switches.

The only problem I had with it was one night I was practicing and smoke started rolling out of the console. It turns out there was a cold solder joint and after re-soldering it I resumed practicing. That console was heavy but welll built.

Cool T 12b

It was delivered today and the technician gave me such a good price to repair the piano that was damaged in one of the many moves my parents made years ago that I let him haul it to his shop. It'll be brought back after Christmas.

The piano was brought back after Christmas and is like new money. The whole clan came over to the house Christmas eve and we sang carols with organ accompaniment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12