Thread: Hammond L-103

Hammond L-103

Hi, I have an opportunity to purchase a Hammond L-103 from someone. Everything seems to work fine, all keys play and it's pretty clean. How much are these worth? It's seems to be 100% original. Are these good organs? I am more of a guitar player.

thanks,

Lou

Re: Hammond L-103

Lou,
    I have an L103 that I purchased about 6 months ago. I purchased this under the premise that it was not working but had previously. I paid $112.50 and the repair was very simple. I think these are beautiful models, the 103 is cherry wood. Any Hammond with tone-wheel generator is worthy of purchase. This has a great sound, especially if you hook-up to an external sound source. As such, these organs do not command a high price but also, people interested in this type of thing find this fact attractive. The L100 series is desirable to those that like to tweak and modify also. Anyway, I believe that it is a good organ, certainly a decent representation of Hammond.

Regards,
    Kevin

Re: Hammond L-103

Have to go along with that thought. My first Hammond was an L102. They don't command the sky-high prices of the A, B, C's etc, nor of the M series spinets, but hook them up to a decent Leslie and they can scream. Yes, you can mod them for extra oomph.
    Andy G
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.