Thread: Yamaha HS Series Control Expander

Yamaha HS Series Control Expander

Hi, I'm a new member seeking some advice on the following Item:
    As the title suggests its a Yamaha Control Expander for HS organs. It is a midi device with a jack connection for a foot-switch and four other connections for midi cables (midi IN 1 & 2, Midi OUT, and Midi Through)

I believe it can be used with HS series organ for "locking" the tempo when switching from registration to registration without any variation in tempo. But I do not know if it has other uses. Most people I have talked to have never heard of this device before and as I no longer have an HS-8 I can't experiment with it. Has anyone experience of the EMR-HSCE?

I would be grateful for any advice or information, thanks.

AKAIK, it has no other purpose. It was produced simply to correct Yamaha's strange decision to omit this valuable (essential for some) feature from the HS series.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut, plus Kawai K1m synth module loaded with my custom sounds.
    Retired Organs: Lots! Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Hi, Andyg,
    Many thanks for the reply, at least I now I have it from an expert... might as well put it back in the cupboard.