Thread: Elka Minuette 99/MT

Elka Minuette 99/MT

Hello, I am new here and don't know much about organs. I have an Elka Minuette 99/MT that is damaged, and I need to sell it/give it away/throw it out, as I know longer have room for it. I want to know how much it is worth approximately, and how much it would cost to repair it, if it's worth it. It still functions perfectly, but the top wood part was cracked when I was moving it several years ago.

Here is the organ, a picture of the damage, and the manuals that I have:

The home organ market for old instruments is all but dead. There are hundreds of old organs out there for sale, many much bigger, newer and better than this. And they are often being given away or sold for peanuts. This 40-year old is a give-away job, if you can find someone to take it. If not, landfill is the only option. Sad, but that's the way the market is.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    The home organ market for old instruments is all but dead. There are hundreds of old organs out there for sale, many much bigger, newer and better than this. And they are often being given away or sold for peanuts. This 40-year old is a give-away job, if you can find someone to take it. If not, landfill is the only option. Sad, but that's the way the market is.
    Thanks for the response and the info. I will call my parents and ask if they want it back (it was their's originally). If they do I'll just glue the broken piece back in so it's somewhat presentable. If not, maybe I'll place a few ads online for free.

Hi Jason, I would like you to help me with this organ. I am a beginner and I have no personal instrument. Please help. Thanks

Hi Washington. Welcome to the forum. This thread's nearly 6 years old - do look at the dates before replying!

If you're a beginner and want an organ, we need to know a few details.

1) your location. Where you are in the world makes a huge difference to what's available
    2) what kind of organ music you want to learn - again, that will make a huge difference
    3) how much you want to spend - or why you would like someone to give you an organ

It would be better to start a new thread about this, rather than just adding to an old one.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Hi, thanks for replying. Am a beginner. I live in Nairobi, Kenya. I want to learn classical music and be able to play hymns well. I also have a deep love for contemporary Christian Music. Am already playing a some chords, basically the major scales of a few keys. I have not been able to acquire my own instrument, so I've been slow on learning. I was hoping you could help me..