Thread: Hammond A-1OO & Sharma 2000 Help

Hammond A-1OO & Sharma 2000 Help

Hi There, I'm new to the forum.
    I've just acquired a Hammond A100 and a Sharma 2000 rotary speaker.
    The amp seems to be working fine except I can't get the rotary speed to go from slow to fast.
    I have tried connecting a regular footswitch to the only other input on the back that has three knobs (which I'm don't what they do, as there are no markings!)

Is there a special footswitch for this amp?

Does anyone have any knowledge of these rotary speakers?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gavin

I'm not sure where you are based but a chum of mine here in the UK is the sole Sharma guru. Email him through his site; http://www.swainelectronics.co.uk/

I will be speaking to him tomorrow so will mention this to him.

Cheers

Dave

1 members found this post helpful.
    Hello Gavin
    The Sharma 2000 cabinet has an 8 pin or 9 pin multiplug 3 rotary controls and a jack socket.
    The jack socket is not for a foot switch it is a preamped input for keyboard,guitar etc. the 3 controls are bottom one on its own is master volume the top 2 are treble and base. To switch the motors from fast to slow and stop you need to switch pin 6 or pin 7 to ground (pin 1) on the multi plug depending on which speed you require. Foot pedals, sharma service manuals, belts and free advice are available at www.swainelectronics.co.uk
    regards David

Hi David

Welcome aboard! I know there was a discussion a while back about your Gigmaster range when members were discussing T series mods and the demise of the MIG-T preamp.

Cheers

Dave

Yes indeed, good to have your expertise on the forum, David.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

David,
    Thanks so much! (apologies for tardy reply!)
    Figured out the sharma, previous owner had carried out some pretty amazingly terrible electrical mods on it.
    The link will come in very useful.
    Thanks again
    Gav