Thread: Rodgers W-5000

Rodgers W-5000

What would be the current value (in order to make an offer) of a 1999 Rodgers W-5000 version C, New Old Stock, meaning never been sold, from a dealer? Thanks, Jesse

New VERY old stock! Check the spares situation (perhaps direct with Roland/Rodgers) before thinking about a purchase. This is basically more of a Roland product than a Rodgers organ and I'm reliably informed that spares for some Roland models of that era are sparse or non-obtainable, due to Panasonic stopping production of some parts. Either way, go in very low. After all this time, any dealer will be desperate to shift it.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut, plus Kawai K1m synth module loaded with my custom sounds.
    Retired Organs: Lots! Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

Hi,

Andy is correct here, this is not a recent organ, and should not command a premium price.

This was not a bad organ, but more a horrible marketing mistake on Roland/Rodgers part. It may have sold better if it was badged a Roland. Thie price if I recall was rather steep as well. Some say that a lot of what was inside the organ was the same as an Atelier organ.

The organ sold very poorly, so poorly that Roland/Rodgers did not pursue that angle again. Rodgers in people's minds meant classical/church organ, and possibly theatre organ. Rodgers even had a theatre organ model out for awhile in the 90s. It sold very poorly as well. Now Rodgers is strictly classical.church organs.

I'm surprised that there are still so-called "new" ones of these available. Shows what kind of demand there is for this model.

AV

The drawbars and orchestrals were indeed right out of the Atelier series. I reviewed it for the magazine, and said the same as Arie about the badging. That Rodgers 360 theatre organ was reviewed at the same time, actually quite impressive, though there had been no work done on it from its 'out of the box' state. However, I think both were the only examples imported into the UK and, as far as I know, neither were sold. Probably still in a warehouse somewhere. The reviews were never published, but it was a fun, if wasted, day or two trying them out.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut, plus Kawai K1m synth module loaded with my custom sounds.
    Retired Organs: Lots! Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.

thanks

Thanks Andy and Arie for the info. It is quite illuminating!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    The drawbars and orchestrals were indeed right out of the Atelier series. I reviewed it for the magazine, and said the same as Arie about the badging. That Rodgers 360 theatre organ was reviewed at the same time, actually quite impressive, though there had been no work done on it from its 'out of the box' state. However, I think both were the only examples imported into the UK and, as far as I know, neither were sold. Probably still in a warehouse somewhere. The reviews were never published, but it was a fun, if wasted, day or two trying them out.