Thread: Vintage Allen Organ speakers

Vintage Allen Organ speakers

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">A 1967 vintage Allen Organ was recently retired at a local church (don't know the model) and I was given the opportunity to salvage some huge speaker arrays<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; ">*that were used with this organ.</span></span></p>

I'd love to get some information on these speakers, Can they be repurposed? Are they marketable? How much are they worth? I'd use any money they would bring for a donation to my current churches music budget.</p>

*What I got was....*</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">8 Open Back Speaker Cabinets with a Utility Brown Finish</span></p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">2 cabinets (32 x 26 x 17")<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Times; font-size: 16px; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Times; font-size: 16px; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">*contain twelve 5 inch drivers and 2 tweeters each*in a 3 x 4 array</span></span></span></span></span></p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">1 cabinet (33 x 33 x 24") contains sixteen 5 inch drivers and 4 tweeters (someone told me it looked like a sweet 16???)</span></p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">2 cabinets contain two 15 inch drivers each *in a side by side arrangement</span></p>

2 cabinets contain two 15 inch drivers each in a staggered arrangement</p>

1 cabinet (really big) contains what I was told is called a Gyrophonic Projector I think. 3 big speakers and 3 tweeters on a turntable. the speakers work but we don't know how to make the motor spin.</p>

Considering how little I know about speakers I thought they would make for a really far out retro wall of speakers in some ones basement. </p>

My husband took the two 12 speaker arrays and hooked them up to an old Lafayette stereo amp he had and then to my ipod. Wow! I was impressed. The fidelity was incredible. When he hit the bass boost it was like being at a live concert only without the stage. We took them outside for a Memorial Day party and shared their sound with the entire neighborhood. I'm not kidding when I say you wouldn't believe what they could do. I suspect he won't let me sell these two cabinets now but the others are seriously over kill for our needs. All of them work but we haven't tried any specific speaker arrangements other that what I just mentioned.</p>

All comments are welcome. Thanks*</p>
    ◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢
    Church...... Allen Renaissance Quantum Q-325
    Hm..... Rodgers Cambridge 785 & Kawai KG-2
    ◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤

Re: Vintage Allen Organ speakers

Please add location information. Many folks would be interested in a great old gyro. They can be sold by this listing, by a Craigslist ad and a Theaterorgans.com ad. All free advertising. There have been a couple of posts here lately looking for speakers so you might hear from a member before long. Best wishes. Yes, Allen used awesome speakers that are still hard to beat.

Re: Vintage Allen Organ speakers

Location of these speakers is about an hour west of Washington DC.*
    ◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢|◣◢
    Church...... Allen Renaissance Quantum Q-325
    Hm..... Rodgers Cambridge 785 & Kawai KG-2
    ◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤◥|◤